Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That sounds like a challenge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Oh its been broughten...

Now lets see if I can execute a quick reload without shoving my index finger into the magwell... :tape2:

Stuntmanmike

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I ran 4 mags of 45 acp thru mine today with no problems, looks and feels good. after disasembly the only thing i found was the anodizing was worn off. Good job david!, with the tighter specs on your next run it will be an awesome replacement to the stock charging handle.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Mike. Now we will see if Tennjeep and Ian have to say. And if all goes well I will see about making a run of them.

David

Stuntmanmike

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very easy. Just split the body of the rifle with the V shaped pin in the middle. Slide the bolt to the rear and pull out. You Will need to do this to clean the gun.

custom phone/gun

Shipwreck

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is a fantastic option. I am very interested in this.

I am used to being able too buy aftermarket charging handles... On my SCAR, I had to buy another charging handle because of my wide optic. I have the same optic on my CX4, and I was forced to mount it further forward than I would like because there are no CX4 charging handle options.

This seems like a great idea.

storm100_zpsa4f74542.jpg~original

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks Mike. Now we will see if Tennjeep and Ian have to say. And if all goes well I will see about making a run of them.

David

I made up those dummy rounds on Friday, but I didn't get to the range this weekend. I should be able to go next weekend.

I use mine on the left side of the firearm, like Stuntman. I like it much better that way.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess that is a good thing to have the option to run the charging handle on what ever side you want.

Shipwreck, Let me get some more feedback from the couple I have out and I will try to get you one.

David

HonkyTonkHale

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have recently been customizing my CX4 Storm, and came across this forum when looking for a new charging handle. I like your handle even more than the Sierra Papa offering. I am definitely interested when these go into production. By the way, great site!

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have recently been customizing my CX4 Storm, and came across this forum when looking for a new charging handle. I like your handle even more than the Sierra Papa offering. I am definitely interested when these go into production. By the way, great site!

Sorry for the delay, given your location I thought you were a spammer :spy:

Shipwreck

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry for the delay, given your location I thought you were a spammer :spy:

I run a gun forum too. We have some software to stop some spammers. The rest, I took look at IP Addresses to try and tell based on locations.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Set up for left charge/right eject here also.

I am no engineer ..... however ..... I would think that if the charge handle is longer or heavier it would create a somewhat greater "sideload" to the handle and the slot/hole that it fits in. Given this,seems that it would loosen up pretty quickly and might even damage the slot/hole that it fits in.

Will your finished product me fabricated using Delrin (plastic ??) ?? --- SAWMAN

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just the round knob is delrin. I am pressing it over a tool steel pin that fits the slide. Yes it is a little heaver than the stock charging handle, but when you take the weight of the slide into account the few extra grams do not mean much. If I recall it a difference of around 6 grams. (these photos or of some I made out of 4130 cromemoly. The newer ones are out of W1 tool steel. They should weight a little less than these because the material is 1/4" instead of 5/16")

IMG_1348.JPG

You can see in these pictures the steel pin pressed into the delrin knob.

David

Attachments

• IMG_1348.JPG
      IMG_1348.JPG
      22.1 KB · Views: 187

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thank you sir for the response. The explanation of the pin vs knob makes perfect sense.

Great offering. Good to see the "little guy" producing a product for the hunter/shooter. I would prefer to give you my buisness vs the SierraPappa people.

This is a pic of my Storm chambered in 45ACP. It has taken hogs,deer,and two unfortunate coyotes. I shoot the 230gr Hornady XTP (+P). It wears a AimPoint Comp C. I have had this weapon for almost 10 years now. Great close range stalking or from a treestand gun. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• fdb6.jpg
      fdb6.jpg
      39.4 KB · Views: 175
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gonedown let me see if I can get the W1 to temper like I need it to. Ian's was a little hard and cam apart on him.
    TennJeep's is out of 4130 but is a lot harder to machine. I just saw a little video he put together and it looks great. I have another project going and will have to put it on the back burner and get this going.

Thanks everyone for your support. I will try to get this going shortly.

David

Top Bottom