• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mozella

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    really weird the evangelicals are supporting a guy who really does not know the bible, been married 3 times and can't quote 1 verse of scripture...WHY???

I suppose because they're not stupid. Look, evangelicals aren't trying to hire a Sunday school teacher or an assistant pastor for their church. They're thinking about electing a President.

If you need a Sunday school teacher, then Trump isn't your man, perhaps Cruz might be. If you need a brain surgeon, than Trump isn't your man either; that guy would be Carson.

Sure, some evangelicals are wack jobs who think like children and would stay home rather than vote for a candidate who didn't meet their very narrow definition of acceptable. But there are plenty of immature non-evangelicals who claim they will do the same. Cutting off your nose to spite your face certainly isn't new but wise men have never considered it to be a winning strategy.

The simple reason evangelicals are supporting Trump is because he's the best choice for President, which is not the same thing as being the most knowledgeable biblical scholar.

I've never met anyone who claimed to be an evangelical, but if you take the mainstream press definition (which as far as I can tell is someone who believes in God) I would imagine evangelicals are pretty much normal folks who can see a real chance to save what's left of our once-great country.

It's really not all that complicated.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I've never met anyone who claimed to be an evangelical, but if you take the mainstream press definition (which as far as I can tell is someone who believes in God) I would imagine evangelicals are pretty much normal folks who can see a real chance to save what's left of our once-great country.

Yeah that is not the definition, they are much more hard core than just believing and it use to be a divorce would put you out to them..it is much more complicated than being a Christian or a believer, thus the question.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I suppose because they're not stupid. Look, evangelicals aren't trying to hire a Sunday school teacher or an assistant pastor for their church. They're thinking about electing a President.

If you need a Sunday school teacher, then Trump isn't your man, perhaps Cruz might be. If you need a brain surgeon, than Trump isn't your man either; that guy would be Carson.

Sure, some evangelicals are wack jobs who think like children and would stay home rather than vote for a candidate who didn't meet their very narrow definition of acceptable. But there are plenty of immature non-evangelicals who claim they will do the same. Cutting off your nose to spite your face certainly isn't new but wise men have never considered it to be a winning strategy.

The simple reason evangelicals are supporting Trump is because he's the best choice for President, which is not the same thing as being the most knowledgeable biblical scholar.

More passive-aggressiveness, I see. If you have a personal problem with someone here just because they're not going to do what you want them to do then say it. As much as you think someone who doesn't vote for Trump is a "wackjob", maybe I think anyone who has fallen for Trump's bullshit is naive and easily fooled by smooth speeches and big promises. Maybe you aren't that different from jungle chanting 0bama followers in 2008. Same stuff, different letter.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I think it is great Trump is not going to the debate, too many of them anyway, Fox is as liberal as the rest and put forward a bimbo like kelly as a real newsperson. Now lets see what the viewer #'s are when 2 people have 70% of the polls and the rest need to go home..I see Fox losing $$

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    bill oreilly would be a good choice....or Hannity....as a mod replacement

she sucked...and so did maria bartiromo, imo....

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Trump and Perot do have great similarities especially in being the only ones who pointed out how "Free Trade" was/is screwing the American worker. What we have is not free trade no matter how much they claim. Perot basically predicted the economic future back in the nineties if you go back and read his book. Both of those extremely rich businessmen have more in common with the average Joe American worker than any career politician ever will imo.

Trump would have done about as well as Jim Webb did with a democratic presidential run. Not sure why Jim Webb is still a democrat. The party left white working class men like him behind a long time ago.

I remember when Webb ran in sc. John Stewart flipped his wig that a republican could mascarde as a democrat and people would elect him. I'd vote for jim Webb twice, regardless of the party he claimed.

Last edited:

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm so disgusted with the choices we have for president and the two party system. Republicans take care of the rich buddies with corporate welfare (tax loop holes, etc.) and Democrats take care of the poor with welfare, both parties do it by throwing the tax burden on the middle class. The middle class continues to get bent over by both parties and you still vote for them, there needs to be a grass roots middle class party to rise up but it will get crushed by big money. Always remember news stations like Fox News are corporate mouth pieces, they are owned by rich people that use it to their advantage to push their agendas and propaganda. Do you think Fox News would ever get behind a candidate that wants to raise taxes on the rich? Hell no because it would come out of the owners pocket. When will the middle class get a party more aligned with them?

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm so disgusted with the choices we have for president and the two party system. Republicans take care of the rich buddies with corporate welfare (tax loop holes, etc.) and Democrats take care of the poor with welfare, both parties do it by throwing the tax burden on the middle class. The middle class continues to get bent over by both parties and you still vote for them, there needs to be a grass roots middle class party to rise up but it will get crushed by big money. Always remember news stations like Fox News are corporate mouth pieces, they are owned by rich people that use it to their advantage to push their agendas and propaganda. Do you think Fox News would ever get behind a candidate that wants to raise taxes on the rich? Hell no because it would come out of the owners pocket. When will the middle class get a party more aligned with them?

The democrats don't help the poor with welfare. They use welfare to make sure the poor STAY poor.

The middle class won't have a party aligned with them because the R or the D is what's most important to people now.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Both sides help their corporate buddies, how else could someone on a $170-200K a year salary increase their net worth by several million dollars in 4 years of elected office.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Both sides help their corporate buddies, how else could someone on a $170-200K a year salary increase their net worth by several million dollars in 4 years of elected office.

It's good work if you can get it. While Jeb was Governor he facilitated the transfer of over 250 million in Pension fund money of Florida's cops, teachers, and firefighters over to Lehman brothers for management which they made some nice commissions on and gained contacts to manage another billion. In 2008 when Lehman went belly up Florida was facing a potential 1 billion in losses.

Shortly after ole Jeb leaves the governorship he lands a sweet 1.3 million per year consulting gig with Lehman Brothers in what was basically a no show job. Go figure.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The value of all political endorsements resides in:
    a. Their past/present title and accomplishments and popularity. How much attention will it draw (good stuff).
    b. How much is known about the endorser by people who could be swayed positively.
    c. Does the endourser have qualities you want to be associated with.
    d. Endorsers baggage. The bad stuff. Will people remember the scandals and bad decissions.
    e. How well informed is your target group and how good are their memories.
    f. Endorsements from people your supporters don't like is normally not enough to reason to vote different.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-gerdy/jerry-falwell-jr-steals-f_b_527754.html

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trump says he will not attend the Republican Debate! Why?

a. He is too GREEAAAT now.
    b. He does not need the media exposure.
    c. He does not need to be there to seal the deal.
    d. He is intimidated by Megan Kelly or Fox
    e. He is just the Bully leaving the playground.
    f. He still has no substance and the fairy tails are getting old.
    g. The HUGH DEAL MAKER can't handle the heat.
    h. Trumpeteers don't need their Frontman to represent them anymore.
    I. Thin skinned trump does not want to be bullied
    J. His ego is showing his ass.

No need to continue the list. Trump Key people said trump made the decision. Is this a ploy where he expects to show up to grand applause anyway? Trump the businessman signed a contract do to all the debates, remember he did all those great negotiations. Don't tell me he is going back on his word! You trust what he said right? Oh, he signed other commitments to the GOP too.

New T Shirt: When the going gets tough, Trump it out: bow out!

Yes, I am having on hell of a good laugh on this piss poor decision of His.

Mozella

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Big mistake by Fox news. Allowing a moderator with an obvious agenda to return for a second time wasn't wise on their part. Worse than that were the press releases Fox made, it is assumed, to increase viewership numbers which have naturally been sagging following the very successful initial debate.

I guess the idea is to keep poking the bear until he makes a response so that you can giggle at the response. Promising a Kelly vs Trump food fight must have struck the marketing types as great hype, no matter that the event should be a straightforward way for the American public to view the positions of their potential future President. That idea is quickly forgotten if the event can be turned into a huge media circus/cage-fight.

Then, when Mr. Trump let it be known he wouldn't stand still and let Fox turn him into some kind of a carnival "dunk the clown" game, Fox responded in a childish way with those silly Putin press releases. Fox may think Kelly is big enough to whip-saw desperate candidates like she and many of the other members of the press so obviously delight in doing. They're wrong. The press is not supposed to make the news, they're supposed to report it.

Then, after going out of their way to make these candidates look like a fools, the press pat each other on the back and congratulate themselves on asking "tough but fair" questions. "Gee Candy Crowley, doubling down on Obama's blatant lie really hit poor old Romney hard. That was a great press moment. Don't worry about the fact that both Obama and you were completely wrong. Your agenda justifies your lie and we'll just spin it as having a tough stance. After all, we have control of the air waves. Congratulations".

Well now they're dealing with a man tough enough to push back. Kelly's anti-Trump agenda has blown up in her perfectly made-up face. Fox stands to lose a lot of money and some other network is likely to benefit from covering the Trump rally to benefit the Wounded Warriors.

Fox in general and Megyn Kelly in particular are going to learn that a one-person food fight isn't all that much fun.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    trump is not alone in debate skipping, Reagan skipped one too before the IA caucus...went on to win nomination...

Kelly's question about women, and the rosie odonnell comeback was classic bear poking, bringing elements into discussion that had no bearing at all on the subject...for ratings imo..

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    this is why a republican needs to be elected above all other concerns on canidates..

this bitch is dangerous...
    the next potus will have the the chance to appoint as many as 3-4 justices...we need to remember that...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hill...esident-obama-supreme-court/story?id=36534796

A second Clinton administration could mean a future Justice Barack Obama. At a campaign event in Deocorah, Iowa on Tuesday, Hillary Clinton lit up when a voter asked her if she would consider appointing the president to the Supreme Court should she win the White House.
    "Wow, what a great idea. No one has ever suggested that to me, I love that, wow," the Democratic presidential candidate responded. "He may have a few other things to do but I tell you that's a great idea."

come on FBI ,lets indict...

Last edited:

Mozella

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is something Fox isn't talking about. I suppose they plan to spring this as a little surprise to spice up the food-fight tomorrow. They have invited three activists to ask questions during the debate. It is not clear if the activists will ask the questions themselves or if Kelly will read them.

One is Nebela Noor, a Muslim advocate who calls Donald Trump a bigot and has compared him to Adolf Hitler. She says Trump reeks of hatred and Islamophobia. Noor is practicing what is known as "civilization jihad. This is a pre-violent form of jihad in accordance with the ideology of sharia and is considered by Muslims to be an integral element of jihad.

Another, a Mexican known as Dulce Candy Tejada, entered this country as an illegal alien. I don't think there is much doubt about what the tone of her questions will be.
    I don't know who the third one will be, but I would not be surprised if it turns out to be Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Fair and balanced???????........... We will see, but I hardly think so. When it's all over, perhaps Bill O'Reilly will make a surprise appearance, declare a debate winner, and then dump a 10-gallon cooler of Gator Aid over the lucky candidates head.

I'll bet some of the remaining candidates will regret not joining Trump in refusing to be a play-toy of the media.

woods

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think Cruz is the establishments secret anti-establishment candidate . In other words they see the writing on the wall but instead of letting the will of the majority rule let our government is set up for, they try to just fool the people and go on as usual.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think Cruz is the establishments secret anti-establishment candidate . In other words they see the writing on the wall but instead of letting the will of the majority rule let our government is set up for, they try to just fool the people and go on as usual.

All of this! Like I said Cruz has Goldman Sachs ties.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most impressive thing I've seen from Trump so far. It was the only self-respecting thing to do after Fox put out that ridiculous statement. What serious news organization does that?

His new conference was the strongest and most Presidential he has looked to date imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom