• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonesouth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I cant find anything on concealing a rifle in florida. Can you help me with a statute please. I see where it specifically mentions handgun, but did not see rifle mentioned.

started a new thread.
    http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showth...Concealed-Carry-of-Rifles&p=323377#post323377

Back on topic,

I feel like a truck gun provides additional options for situations that may present themselves. No, I'm not likely to be in a position of NEEDING to make a 200 yard shot on a target, but if I were in that position, I'd rather have it than not. Same reason I conceal carry a handgun. I don't foresee myself needing to shoot anything, but if presented, I would rather have it.

I don't feel like it makes me some sort of rambo, or potential hero, but it is another tool that extends MY options in a litany of unforeseen situations. I carry an AR pistol in a backpack at church for the same reason. I don't believe that we are facing an imminent threat of jihadis shooting the place up, but I feel like the penalty for being prepared for such an occasion, carrying a backpack and investing a grand in a weapon, is not greater than the cost of not being prepared.

there are also more utilitarian reasons for keeping a truck gun for some people. If driving around the farm and you spot a coyote or hogs, you have a chance to make a change.

tackl3b3rry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just bought that one! Waiting for it to ship

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

daehawc

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a cheap Ar pistol built with a spare lower I had and a radical firearms 5.56 10.5" upper. Legally a pistol but gives you more options in case you find yourself in a mass riot area where they are pulling people out of cars for being the wrong color.

That said, my 10.5" 5.56 is punishing even with ear pro. I'm planning on switching it to .300 blk with 220 gr subs and a spare mag of 147 gr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a cheap Ar pistol built with a spare lower I had and a radical firearms 5.56 10.5" upper. Legally a pistol but gives you more options in case you find yourself in a mass riot area where they are pulling people out of cars for being the wrong color.

That said, my 10.5" 5.56 is punishing even with ear pro. I'm planning on switching it to .300 blk with 220 gr subs and a spare mag of 147 gr.

Google images for muzzle blast diffuseror flash can. These deflect the blast forward and may help with the problem.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    That said, my 10.5" 5.56 is punishing even with ear pro. I'm planning on switching it to .300 blk with 220 gr subs and a spare mag of 147 gr. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Subs without ear pro are still very very loud. A blast diverting MD is your best option.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have mine on an adams arms 7.5" piston upper in 5.56. Had a buddy stand directly to the side of the gun. Neither him nor me as the shooter felt any powder blast or concussion. Everything went straight out the front

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    If you carry I am not real sure why I need an AR or shotgun in the truck for daily activities , maybe on a trip. The further away you shoot at or hit people the more you are not in a self defense mode and after 15-25' I would think charges would be coming. I use my 9mm carry and have a couple 33rd mags as backup so feel that is plenty. I am using my gun to get away from harms way not go towards it as that is for the LEO.

Now hunting or at the lease, living in the country yes the guns are in the cab ready to go but not for daily driving to the grocery or post office...fact is sooner or later leaving them in a vehicle will get them stolen.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    ^ Scenario: Roadway shut down, "peaceful" protesters decide that you and your family should be removed from your vehicle, and yes, there are more than 11 of them.
    But the short answer is because 2A.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    ^ Scenario: Roadway shut down, "peaceful" protesters decide that you and your family should be removed from your vehicle, and yes, there are more than 11 of them.
    But the short answer is because 2A.

yeah right, the sky is falling defense, really in that case most of us will not get into and put our family in danger in the first place..carrying a truck gun has nothing to do with 2A

But i was just stating my opinion not others so do as you wish, carry your gun safe in the back of your truck, does not bother me...

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    The sky can fall at any minute and your specific piece of what you consider "the world" could go to hell in a flash. It's not about getting into a situation. You don't pick the time and place, they do. If your family is with you, then they're with you, and you deal accordingly, with what you may be fortunate enough to have.
    Truck gun, or any readily accessible weapon is all about 2A.

Last edited:

lonesouth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yeah right, the sky is falling defense, really in that case most of us will not get into and put our family in danger in the first place..carrying a truck gun has nothing to do with 2A

But i was just stating my opinion not others so do as you wish, carry your gun safe in the back of your truck, does not bother me...

I'd suggest that is the same mantra the anti-carry crowd use to explain why no one should carry a concealed handgun either. According to them, those who carry are paranoid, and I suppose by extension, the truck gun crowd is just a little more paranoid than the general concealed carry crowd.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I'd suggest that is the same mantra the anti-carry crowd use to explain why no one should carry a concealed handgun either. According to them, those who carry are paranoid, and I suppose by extension, the truck gun crowd is just a little more paranoid than the general concealed carry crowd.
    Yup.
    Leave your Glocks at home, Frank, the sky isn't falling. Lol

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Prepare for the worse and if any better . . . . GREAT !!
    Post #53 is bad. It will not happen to me and my wife. I remember watching that poor tanker truck driver,some years ago,being attacked then smashed in the back of the head by the thug with a brick.
    If my roadway is blocked my weapons come out,mags inserted,on safe. IF ... at any time ... anyone,of any age or sex,trys to open my locked doors (in a mob setting) they will be shot. I will shoot as many as needed to protect myself,and escape. I WILL run over people if necessary to protect myself.
    For Jerry -----> cheap,short,light,AR. Chambered in 5.56X45. Nothing pretty. Absolutely reliable. At least 5,30 shot P-Mags. Loaded with 62gr M855. Mil-spec and/or Federal. Iron sights. Completely out of sight in your truck. Can be reached from either front seat. Case/covering easily opened. Full length zipper that is of the "tear away" style. Mags in same container,not inserted in weapon. Mags marked up/down,right/left,front/back,etc,for ease of insertion in low light conditions.(This helps in the daylight also)
    Take your truck to a secluded and safe location and practice what you feel that you will need to do . . . in case of what you feel could happen. DO NOT TAKE AMMO WITH YOU !! Practice with weapon and mags . . . DRY !!
    Good luck to us all. ---SAWMAN

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Post #53 is bad.

If my roadway is blocked my weapons come out,mags inserted,on safe. IF ... at any time ... anyone,of any age or sex,trys to open my locked doors (in a mob setting) they will be shot. I will shoot as many as needed to protect myself,and escape. I WILL run over people if necessary to protect myself.

Loaded with 62gr M855. Mil-spec and/or Federal. Iron sights.

Mags in same container,not inserted in weapon. ---SAWMAN
    Post #53 is fantastic!
    I agree with your defensive thought process.
    I say m855 at the least, but there are many better choices out there nowadays. I do llike or irons for this application.
    I also like condition 3, but that's just me.

Top Bottom