• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sean. How do you like that sccy pistol? I have looked at them several times, but haven't decided to get one yet

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sean. How do you like that sccy pistol? I have looked at them several times, but haven't decided to get one yet

Changing subject briefly: I really like it. A lot. Never thought about owning one but picked this up in a trade. I was thinking about buying another smaller CC pistol anyway. Had just about decided to go back to another LCP or S&W Bodyguard but shot a friends BG and realized why I was such a lousy shot with either of those. The grip is just too thin on them and no matter how I held them they twisted in my hand when I pulled the trigger. This gun is wider as its double stack and it just fits my hand very well. It's a bit smaller than my XD9sc which is my favorite but it is lighter. The gentleman I got it from said he had a few issues when it was new but seemed to be loosening up after a hundred or so down the barrel. I've put about 200 more through it with zero hiccups. None. That was with WWB, some Federal stuff and a little Fiocchi.

For the price new I would say it can't be beat. I'm no expert, far from it but the machine work and finish looks good. If I had known about them I would have gotten one sooner.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    That looks like something i would use.
    Yup. While I've kept several different AKs, I'm an AR guy, so for me it makes perfect sense. Also being a pistol, it can go anywhere my carry pistol can go: across state lines, in and out of hotels, or anywhere else without the attention of the government or anyone else. I use a Blackhawk tennis diversion case.
    And with the proper bullet, a similar setup should have no problem taking down a hog. I like Hornady TAP 75 for a general purpose defensive load. Good luck in your search, you're also welcome to shoot mine anytime you'd like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    HEY jERRY , WELL I HAVE A OLD 20 DOLLAR MARLIN 30-30 THAT WAS IN A HOUSE FIRE AN HAD ALL SPRINGS AN INARDS FIXED, NO SCOPE AN ITS THE BEST OF ALL MY RIFLES FOR A BOAT, BOATS ARE NOT SCOPE FRENDLY !!!

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    WELL I HAVE A OLD 20 DOLLAR MARLIN 30-30 THAT WAS IN A HOUSE FIRE AN HAD ALL SPRINGS AN INARDS FIXED, NO SCOPE AN ITS THE BEST OF ALL MY RIFLES FOR A BOAT,

Denny, I take it off your hands for $10.00.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    However, if you like more traditional guns, the Mare's Leg in Zombieland seemed to work pretty well. Plus you can do all that lever action ninja business. Gander has one in 45LC.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1471486472.883305.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1471486472.883305.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1471486472.883305.jpg
      6.2 KB · Views: 280

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Hmmm, Sawman seems to be trying VERY hard to steer our attention away from zombies. Just sayin'.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    However, if you like more traditional guns, the Mare's Leg in Zombieland seemed to work pretty well. Plus you can do all that lever action ninja business. Gander has one in 45LC.
    View attachment 46608

Not sure I want to hunt zombies. I work with too many and there might be some confusion at my old age, and accidents can happen. So Marer's leg is out.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Whatever makes your pecker hard.... Me it will be a AR pistol with the Shockwave brace.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mine is an AR in 5.45x39 with plenty of 7n6 Russian penetrator ammo to go with it.

It's in a safe under the back seat of my 2500HD.

It's use would be to work through the hoards of welfare / EBT / WIC losers when the benefits run dry -- just enough firepower to escape Los Anchorage and make it down to the Kenai Peninsula.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So purpose is more for two legged problems. In this day and age you probably want the ability to handle several problems with speed, maneuverability plus guick reloading. If you already use something that fits the need use it or the same system downsized. A truck gun is not just a firearm in a vehicle, it is a resource that provides an extra and higher level of capability that than your CC. It is a nearby resource you may need to fight your way to. Like most gun choices "any is better than none" but you should focus on it as the potential life saver you will rely on if SHTF. A beater works for some not for others, same with long guns. I take maneuverability (being able to transition without obstruction 360° over the need to be 3 MOA @200 meters. I would be moving if engaged at that distance rather the thying to find and hit them after I'm already bracketed. I would engage close immediate threats (thats the Plan anyway). Lol.

If your considering a AR/AK: folders are better in tight spaces, buffer tubes add length to direct gas impingement systems but may mount "non stock" stabilization. Gas piston system eliminate buffer length which would make a shorter firearm or would allow a longer barrel, enhancing velocity/accuracy in the same overall length.

Caliber/ammo. Up front there are a lot of balistic and car door structure variables. 22LR, 25APC and 32APC FMJ will not reliably go through a intact car door. 380APC will but remaining energy is questionable. 9mm and up go through like butter. 5.56 and 7.62X39 will go through the driver and passenger doors then the 7.62 punches through board where the 5.56 just sticks some shrapnel in the board.

12Ga is a Beast but a 20Ga would probably serve as well. New cpmpact 12Ga with higher capacity have been on the market for a few years, I don't know their cuttert state of reliability. Can't go wrong with Buck or slugs if you do your part. I like bandolier slings, moves the extra shells with the gun.

I use a Sig P556, Bulldog SMG case. Move it to/from house in blue Wally bag. My 2¢.

Last edited:

lonesouth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FWIW, it is illegal in Florida, as far as I can tell, to carry a concealed rifle on your person, say a SBR with a folding stock in a backpack. It is also illegal, federally per the ATF, to shoulder a pistol equipped with a stabilizer brace such as the sig brace or KAK blade.

Course, it is also illegal to carry a rifle from the store to your vehicle...but that's more OT than the above.

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well I've been pondering what my next gun purchase would be and now you guys have me thinking! I'm thinking an AR Pistol makes the perfect truck gun for me. It's something I already have ammo in the house for with my sons and I all have AR Rifles. Now I just need to find a Truck price one to buy or build!

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If I have to defend my life with my AR pistol, I could care less if someone sees me shoulder my KAK shockwave.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I cant find anything on concealing a rifle in florida. Can you help me with a statute please. I see where it specifically mentions handgun, but did not see rifle mentioned.

Top Bottom