• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What weapon do you keep in your truck? Granted my shield is always with me but I was thinking of buying something to just stay in the truck. Nothing expensive just something that would have a little more range than a shield. I was looking into a keltech Sub-2000. Not to expensive but adds a little more security to my truck than the shield I carry. I don't want to keep my AR in my truck... To much money and to hard to hide. Any ideas?

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was thinking of keeping my 10/22 in my Jeep but it's a soft top and I work 12 hour night shifts in the Pensacola ghetto. I would have no problem keeping that or my AR hidden but I'm not about to take my AR into the ghetto at night and leave it unattended for 12 hours. So for now I have no truck gun.

My Glock 17 goes everywhere I go. When I go to work I have to lock it in my center console. I hate leaving it unattended like I mentioned above, but the alternative is driving into and out of the hood totally unarmed three times a week.

Luckily our parking lot has security, but if I fully thought security could handle whatever happens, then I wouldn't need to bring a pistol at all.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was thinking of keeping my 10/22 in my Jeep but it's a soft top and I work 12 hour night shifts in the Pensacola ghetto. I would have no problem keeping that or my AR hidden but I'm not about to take my AR into the ghetto at night and leave it unattended for 12 hours. So for now I have no truck gun.

My Glock 17 goes everywhere I go. When I go to work I have to lock it in my center console. I hate leaving it unattended like I mentioned above, but the alternative is driving into and out of the hood totally unarmed three times a week.

Luckily our parking lot has security, but if I fully thought security could handle whatever happens, then I wouldn't need to bring a pistol at all.

One of the reason why I don't want my AR in my truck. I was thinking the Sub-2000 in 9mm. Keep it in a soft tennis racket case behind the seat of my truck with 3 33rd glock mags.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ar pistol maybe???..even tho it's still too much $$ for me to leave unattended all day..I was thinkin Canik TP 9 with a couple 15 rnd mags..those go for around $300..not quite a rifle but not a heart break if it comes up missing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StorMay05

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A pump action 12 gauge would be choice, cheap ammo, different shot types etc. just keep it behind my seats and its easy to get to and can't be seen. Of course my trucks a single cab so a gun behind the seats is nearly impossible to see from the outside.

avtech850

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a love hate relationship with the idea of a truck gun. If I am heading out to my Dad's farm or the property my wife and I are building a house on then I'll aways grab a AR or a rifle just in case I get the chance to do a little shooting.
    This is were I get leery of the idea of a truck gun though. First off I don't like the idea of somebody busting out a window and making off with one of my guns. I avoid bad parts of town, but still I've had stuff stolen out of my vehicles before despite living in a very quiet neighborhood and it sucks the big one.
    The second thought that turns me away from the idea is the legal ramifications. I have a ccw like most here and like most I exercise that right pretty much constantly, but if you look at a truck gun as a form of self defense then you might be asking for trouble. In my mind if somebody were too find themselves in a active shooter situation and we're able to fight there way to their vehicle to retrieve their rifle only to get back into the fight then at the least your probably looking at some serious legal troubles and at the worst you could be killed by officers responding to the scenario.
    I love the idea of having my BCM sbr with me in the truck at all times but the negatives just outweigh the positives for me.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Why not just carry? Just a thought. Having said that, if you need a rifle, stash an AK. It'll work and it won't sting too bad if it gets stolen. If you wanna go cheaper, grab a pump. Although, (and I know I'm the minority) I don't like the idea of a shotgun because of the capacity and reload speed. That Black Aces conversion is very very cool though. Which reminds me, I need to do that.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why not just carry? Just a thought. Having said that, if you need a rifle, stash an AK. It'll work and it won't sting too bad if it gets stolen. If you wanna go cheaper, grab a pump. Although, (and I know I'm the minority) I don't like the idea of a shotgun because of the capacity and reload speed. That Black Aces conversion is very very cool though. Which reminds me, I need to do that.

I do carry..... I carry a shield 9mm. But just after being harassed the other night down nine mile by six guys on crotch rockets made me think that "Hey 8rds might might not be enough." Yes I know that if you have to shoot more than so many rounds then you shouldn't be there but I will say this a 1996 Toyota will not out run 6 crotch rockets. Which made me think of a low end cheap truck gun that could be maneuverable which is what I am looking for.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I do carry..... I carry a shield 9mm. Just after being harassed the other night down nine mile by six guys on crotch rockets made me think that "Hey 8rds might not be enough." Which made me think of a low end cheap truck gun that could be maneuverable which is what I am looking for.

Of course, it's in the OP, sorry for the brain fart. Lol. I vote folding AK or AK pistol. You could also, instead, or in addition to, stash several mags in the glove box.

I never did understand belligerent bikers. I used to ride, and you are SOOO much more vulnerable on a bike, trying to start something would be the absolute last thing I could fathom doing.

Remember that guy in NY a few years ago? THAT was crazy.

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Of course, it's in the OP, sorry for the brain fart. Lol. I vote folding AK or AK pistol. You could also, instead, or in addition to, stash several mags in the glove box.

I never did understand belligerent bikers. I used to ride, and you are SOOO much more vulnerable on a bike, trying to start something would be the absolute last thing I could fathom doing.

Remember that guy in NY a few years ago? THAT was crazy.
    Yeah I know and this situation: I was sitting at a stop light and one biker was reeving his engine. Well when the light turned green he went between me (left hand lane) the red Honda accord (right hand lane). Almost took out my mirror. So by the time I realized what was going on the second one did the same thing so I eased over to the right part of my lane to stop it then a biker almost hit my truck. Well at a stop light two cut me off and one biker turned around and pointed his finger at me like he was shooting a pistol. Well I was on the phone with the police then with my shield on my lap....

Which led me to this thread.... Can you get AK pistols for cheap like $200-$400?

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Seems insane. If you're on a bike and hit anything, you're probably going down, and it's not gonna be pretty. I'm in a 6k lb SUV, and I'd really like to see a douche bag on a bike try to act up, just to see what they could possibly do.

I just sold an AK for $475. Didn't have grandpappy's furniture on it, nor was tacticooled out, but it worked, and it was a cheap folding stock away from being an awesome truck gun.

VZ-58's any cheaper? I always figured they'd be more expensive.

Last edited:

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    VZ-58's any cheaper? I always figured they'd be more expensive.

The Century ones are $399 with 5 mags at PSA. I like the VZ, but stick with AKs just because I don't feel like having another mag type to chase down.

I'm not doing any gunfighting on my motorcycle. Hell most days I'm just glad that some latte drinking, skinny jean wearing schmo doesn't side swipe me while running the Keurig machine and playing COD on their phone.

bcp280z

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    @JBryan, look into aftermarket safes for jeeps, the glove/console are easily broken into when you're runnin soft/naked. Got one under my wife's jk driver seat.

I butchered a cheap scattergun and am quite proud of it. Having cost less than 100, no great loss. Keep spare mags to my carry in console.

timc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some people mentioned an AK, but decent priced AR's can be had now. PSA has decent deals on complete uppers that include the BCG and charging handle.
    A pump shotgun would be another option I'd look into.

Lime others stated, securing a long rifle in the truck would be a big concern for me.

Top Bottom