• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My truck is my daily driver, so depending on clothing/season it's .45 acp or .44 mag is my truck gun.

Still thinking about a path-clearing, gotta get from here to there, option in 12 ga flavor. Got that about 70% covered, but planning toward reducing oal and weight.

I leave nothing in my vehicle permanently in my vehicle, except some multi-use tools.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I'm not advocating leaving firearms in a car overnight, even though all of mine have alarms. And don't forget locked garages. Something small a discreet that won't draw eyes loading and unloading the car. Preferably briefcase size. However, Seeing the post about a shotgun made me think about the KS-7.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I'm not advocating leaving firearms in a car overnight, even though all of mine have alarms. And don't forget locked garages. Something small a discreet that won't draw eyes loading and unloading the car. Preferably briefcase size. However, Seeing the post about a shotgun made me think about the KS-7.
    Mossberg shock wave might be good.

72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    this is a great discussion and lots of sound advice from our many members, thank you.

I will offer this with respect to whatever you decide to carry and use, that essentially it will be investigated and scrutinized by all sides. Choose carefully and be ready to defend your decision methodology in court (civil or criminal). I know that the 2A also covers ANYTHING you can use in your personal defense, but civil trials are much different animals. Regardless, all of the things I have read here are great considerations!

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    this is a great discussion and lots of sound advice from our many members, thank you.

I will offer this with respect to whatever you decide to carry and use, that essentially it will be investigated and scrutinized by all sides. Choose carefully and be ready to defend your decision methodology in court (civil or criminal). I know that the 2A also covers ANYTHING you can use in your personal defense, but civil trials are much different animals. Regardless, all of the things I have read here are great considerations!
    My only point of contention is that it will be investigated and scrutinized by one side.

RaySendero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sporterized British Enfield No.4 MK1*:

EnfieldNo4MK1_303_042708_2.jpg

Great for clearing road and even the duck blind of hogs.
    Keep clip in my pocket so "no loaded gun in truck".
    Not big $$ loss if stolen.
    Clip and ammo not readily available to thief.
    Plus factory soft points will not feed - So thief may think he has stolen a worthless rifle.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    So I was out of town for Thanksgiving and I kept a few firearms in my truck. When I went to put them away, I was somewhat surprised to see how much condensation collected on some of them. They were all in zippered insulated cases. But my all metal long guns were covered in sweat.

So corrosion and humidity have a big factor in a truck/trunk gun...

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So I was out of town for Thanksgiving and I kept a few firearms in my truck. When I went to put them away, I was somewhat surprised to see how much condensation collected on some of them. They were all in zippered insulated cases. But my all metal long guns were covered in sweat.

So corrosion and humidity have a big factor in a truck/trunk gun...

Exactly why I keep a cheap SCCY 9mm in my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Pick something that you would not mind tossing in the river, and I only say this because our judges keep letting more criminals back out and they are headed straight to your tuck with the progun stickers all over it to take your weapons.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    My rule of thumb. If it gets stolen and it probably will at some point, how bad will it HURT. Odds of it getting stolen are higher than the Odds of needing it.. *
    YMMV.

*Unless paratroopers start falling out of the sky.
    It's not the loss of an asset that worries me. Although the theft of a high priced weapon would hurt more than a High Power. It's the thought you have armed a criminal that's most concerning.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Ruger mini-14. Was debating doing an under folder stock for it but I'm kinda old school and like stocks.
    i have since switched to a Keltec KS7 12ga with a sidesaddle and 2 4rnd shell caddies in my Haley Strategic Incog bag. it doesn't stay in vehicle unless i'm in it. i'm figuring on multiple targets and think 0000 buck is more of a 1 per customer load than .223 soft points...

Top Bottom