• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I do not have first hand knowledge of what occurred, so this is second hand. I do not know Miles.

Gun sales call in's in Florida are made to FDLE. Upon being approved to sell a gun, a unique approval number for that sale is given to the dealer who puts in on the 4473. FDLE approved a sale and gave the approval number to Miles. He then sold the gun. FDLE made a mistake in approving the sale and issuing an approval number. Miles had no idea of the mistake. ATF fined him and took his license for selling a gun to a prohibited person. FDLE said not their problem. ATF gave a FFL extension for a few months to Miles so he could dispose of his gun inventory. How ATF became aware of this is not known to me.

This is how I understood it, too. When the ATF inspected and found that record still showing “pending”, he didn’t have a photo screenshot of the computer when it showed “approved” with the number. (but why would you even need to do that for EVERY transaction?) So the ATF said it was his fault. Then miraculously “unrelated”, after the controversy is “discovered”, the FDLE comes back with an “Approved”. And guess what number was assigned? The exact same number that Miles apparently “made-up” on the 4473…
    Weird, huh?

So the computer showed ”Approved” and gave him a number to record on the 4473.
    Then, fast-forward to when the ATF inspects, it finds the computer to show “Pending” for that record.
    FFL gets revoked.
    Then, “completed unrelated” to the ATF inspection, computer shows ”Approved” with the number. Doesn’t change a thing for the ATF…

FJB, and everyone who thinks his regime Is good for this Nation.

72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I know Miles is in contact with State Lawmakers. I have suggested this U.S. level Lawmaker meeting and have even go so far as to preemptively reach out to them with all of the information to generate this conversation. What is happening is bad news for this business but all of you must also understand that it is impacting your interstate ability for firearm transfers ... stripping your rights from you softly and one at a time. There are 5 other FFL's in this greater Pensacola area (that Miles has info on anyway) that are also impacted just the same way he is.
    Do you reasonably think they will merely stop at a certain closure percentage if what they are doing is finding simple spelling errors on 4473s and calling it "willful"? If you do, I have a bridge i'de like to sell you, cheap and mostly new!

AK4774

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know Miles is in contact with State Lawmakers. I have suggested this U.S. level Lawmaker meeting and have even go so far as to preemptively reach out to them with all of the information to generate this conversation. What is happening is bad news for this business but all of you must also understand that it is impacting your interstate ability for firearm transfers ... stripping your rights from you softly and one at a time. There are 5 other FFL's in this greater Pensacola area (that Miles has info on anyway) that are also impacted just the same way he is.
    Do you reasonably think they will merely stop at a certain closure percentage if what they are doing is finding simple spelling errors on 4473s and calling it "willful"? If you do, I have a bridge i'de like to sell you, cheap and mostly new!
    My personal suspicion is they are trying to create government sanctioned/sponsored gun stores where only the "right" people can buy what the government allows to be sold.

ETA: Look into how guns are controlled/sold in canada and throughout the uk. The fact that we as a nation are more of a "global partner" today than ever, combined with the course we are on re; firearms/firearms rights is so obvious, I'm personally frustrated beyond words that many still don't/won't get it.

If I'm wrong, prove me wrong, please. Factual, verifiable, and repeatable proof only, thanks.

Last edited:

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    If that’s how it happened, that is total BS. FDLE should have owned their mistake and ATF should have given a pass instead of depriving an honest man of his livelihood.
    I’m assuming that Miles contacted his representatives?
    This one sounds like something Matt Gaetz would love to look into.
    Matt Gaetz does not give two shits about any of this. He wants to make noise not make changes.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Matt Gaetz does not give two shits about any of this. He wants to make noise not make changes.
    Ya know, I want to see Gaetz as more than he is, but just can't manage it. Reminds me of Jeff Miller as he went under.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A letter from Trade Winds Pawn

To all my friends and faithful customers over the past 46 years, I want to thank you for the memories, insightful
    conversation and the business you have brought to our community. As a small local business owner, I have cherished my wonderful encounters over the years with the delightful personalities that truly made my business both prosperous and pleasurable.

To all my hunters, collectors and shootist, it saddens me greatly to announce as of March 31, 2023, firearms sales will end due to increased federal control over federally licensed dealers. My door will remain open for general pawn and retail
    business, and as always, the much-welcomed conversation that I have come to enjoy over the years.
    Thank you for the 46 years. I look forward to the next chapter with my old customers and new alike stopping by.

Most sincerely,
    Miles D. Schuler, Trade Winds Pawn 6243 Gulf Breeze Pkwy.
    Gulf Breeze, FL 32561
    850-939-3303
    03-31-2023
    Just watched Matt Gaetz read your letter you sent him to the AFT “special“ Bidum appointee! He ripped him good but what comes of it all? The hearing is about the brace rule but they used it as a chance to rip him, however these lying hypocritical clowns will keep up their antics until a president is actually elected! Hopefully in 2024! If they allow another puppet to be installed then we are done!

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Sounds like Miles got a letter to Gaetz. I’m curious what, if anything, Gaetz plans to do about the ATF

Everybody who still has questions on why Miles got railroaded by the BATFECES should watch that short video.

Local guy sends letter to his Congressman, and that letter got read into public record while ripping the ”director” of the BATFECES a new one.

A nice sliver of hope.

72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This certainly placed FDLE on a hot seat! And I hope that this issue gets resolved BUT as I stated previously that this has second and third order effects in that shutting down FFLs for simple spelling errors is going to DIRECTLY IMPACT each of us as with each closure will place that much more of a limit on where we can go for interstate transfers. It also shuts down the local businesses in our communities and that has a whole litany of side effects in and of its self.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Ah yes, the hot seat... When people get fired and actual changes happen, I'll change my views of government and how useful all this is. :)

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Everybody who still has questions on why Miles got railroaded by the BATFECES should watch that short video.

Local guy sends letter to his Congressman, and that letter got read into public record while ripping the ”director” of the BATFECES a new one.

A nice sliver of hope.

It would have been better if they had gone to the atf demanding more information and a full review.

Top Bottom