• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    A letter from Trade Winds Pawn

To all my friends and faithful customers over the past 46 years, I want to thank you for the memories, insightful
    conversation and the business you have brought to our community. As a small local business owner, I have cherished my wonderful encounters over the years with the delightful personalities that truly made my business both prosperous and pleasurable.

To all my hunters, collectors and shootist, it saddens me greatly to announce as of March 31, 2023, firearms sales will end due to increased federal control over federally licensed dealers. My door will remain open for general pawn and retail
    business, and as always, the much-welcomed conversation that I have come to enjoy over the years.
    Thank you for the 46 years. I look forward to the next chapter with my old customers and new alike stopping by.

Most sincerely,
    Miles D. Schuler, Trade Winds Pawn 6243 Gulf Breeze Pkwy.
    Gulf Breeze, FL 32561
    850-939-3303
    03-31-2023

Last edited:

moron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So sorry to hear this Miles. Tradewinds was my favorite gun store and I always enjoyed talking to you. You always treated me right and would go out of your way to explain questions I had on firearms even to the point of disassembly if needed to educate me. I do not know the reason you can not sell firearms anymore but knowing you I have a strong feeling that the reason is simply that America is not America anymore. God bless you and the rest of Americans like you.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been a customer fer years and hate that I aint been in there in a while (quit working the area)....hate you were put through that Miles!!!! Good luck in the future brother!

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    That really sucks. Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone heard any rumors that Uber's in P'cola might be suffering the same fate?

72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    War-Buff : Miles did mention it when I spoke to him last. He also mentioned that to his knowledge there are a total of 5 other FFLs in the exact same position he is facing and Uber’s was one of them. I encouraged him to contact both State and Federal lawmakers about this issue and possibly hold a meeting with all the area FFLs.

What is happening is not only affecting local businesses and livelihoods but impacts OUR ability to legally transfer firearms to and from our neighbors to the north and west across state lines. This impacts our rights directly! This was also used to gather all the sales data for their “registry” they supposedly don’t have and Sen. Cruz (R-TX) already addressed this. I’m hearing that they have been given a quota of around 30% to “find errors” and we know what errors lead to at this point.

This is sad, our own government has taken issue with each of you because you don’t have the same mindset they want you to have and has acted accordingly to change that landscape around you. I’m curious what will happen next.

72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That is indeed an interesting question. I’ll stop by sometime this week and check on that.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I do not have first hand knowledge of what occurred, so this is second hand. I do not know Miles.

Gun sales call in's in Florida are made to FDLE. Upon being approved to sell a gun, a unique approval number for that sale is given to the dealer who puts in on the 4473. FDLE approved a sale and gave the approval number to Miles. He then sold the gun. FDLE made a mistake in approving the sale and issuing an approval number. Miles had no idea of the mistake. ATF fined him and took his license for selling a gun to a prohibited person. FDLE said not their problem. ATF gave a FFL extension for a few months to Miles so he could dispose of his gun inventory. How ATF became aware of this is not known to me.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I do not have first hand knowledge of what occurred, so this is second hand. I do not know Miles.

Gun sales call in's in Florida are made to FDLE. Upon being approved to sell a gun, a unique approval number for that sale is given to the dealer who puts in on the 4473. FDLE approved a sale and gave the approval number to Miles. He then sold the gun. FDLE made a mistake in approving the sale and issuing an approval number. Miles had no idea of the mistake. ATF fined him and took his license for selling a gun to a prohibited person. FDLE said not their problem. ATF gave a FFL extension for a few months to Miles so he could dispose of his gun inventory. How ATF became aware of this is not known to me.
    Precisely what another FFL dealer told me.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    If that’s how it happened, that is total BS. FDLE should have owned their mistake and ATF should have given a pass instead of depriving an honest man of his livelihood.
    I’m assuming that Miles contacted his representatives?
    This one sounds like something Matt Gaetz would love to look into.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom