• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have only heard people being nice to the wm people, the gooberment bought 1 caliber, so what is w the other 1000 that are made? Panic is causing it, employees buying it up to resell, hoarding and fear, it iw be fine soon as the bans get shot down in congress.

Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just went by walmart. Nothing new that wasn't on the shelf when I was there at 8:30 last night. Employees must have done well last night!

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I was in the Walmart in Pace the other day, the female employee working the sporting goods was near the gun case talking to who I assume was her boyfriend from other things they said. I was looking around at some clearance stuff next to the case and she was laughing and telling him about the people coming in to buy ammo and it not being there and how one guy comes in very often and buys the same kind (caliber). She said,"It's like he is hoarding it because he buys so much. He probably is scared of the zombies that are coming." Her male companion then went on to call the man senile and say nobody needs guns and all these people who own them are crazy. He said they should jack the prices up to $50 a box because they could make a killing on it. She agreed and they both laughed.

Needless to say I was appalled.

feef706

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was the bearded ponytailed ol' fart at Niceville Wallyworld last night for the whole dog & pony show,,,,
    the A**hole manager is named Jim & rumor has it that he has already gotten in trouble for hording ARs for himself.
    A female manager told us at 5:30 that the 7:30 truck was "full of ammo",,,,,, the ONLY ammo that made it to sales were 3 small boxes, the first 2 had some Tula 9mm, 40 & 45acp, some Winchester 38special, 30-06, 243, & 22mag, when the workers brought these out is when manager Jim showed his ass & we ended up waiting til 9:45 for them to bring out 1 case of shotgun shells !
    I had grabbed 3 boxes of 9mm earlier so I wasn't completely screwed,,, but you cannot convince me that this manager has some BS going on that Coperate should know about

Was at FWB Wally this morning at 0800. Nothing but shotgun shells as usual. It sounds as though your hitting it rich compared to us so to think they are holding out on that shipment is impressive. I dont know what to think anymore, other than the fact that employees are withholding before it hits the shelves.

Robbie2883

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I was in the Walmart in Pace the other day, the female employee working the sporting goods was near the gun case talking to who I assume was her boyfriend from other things they said. I was looking around at some clearance stuff next to the case and she was laughing and telling him about the people coming in to buy ammo and it not being there and how one guy comes in very often and buys the same kind (caliber). She said,"It's like he is hoarding it because he buys so much. He probably is scared of the zombies that are coming." Her male companion then went on to call the man senile and say nobody needs guns and all these people who own them are crazy. He said they should jack the prices up to $50 a box because they could make a killing on it. She agreed and they both laughed.

Needless to say I was appalled.

maybe i don't know when to keep my mouth shut, but i couldn't have let that go without pointing out their own ignorance.

adrenaline

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stopped in the Foley Walmart today just to see and over heard a customer asking about 22lr ammo. Clerk told him they goy a case in not too long ago But "my boss grabbed all of it and he doesn't even own a 22". I think this happens a lot more than we think. My .02

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Wally in GB had some today. When I got there at 0930hrs they had some Tula .45, WWB .380, Remington UMC .38 and a bunch of shot shells. Mgr said that they earlihad got 2 boxes of .22 and WWB 9MM in 100 round boxes. When I left there were 3 boxed of the .45 left 6 boxes of .380 and 4 boxes of the .38.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I just sent this to WM Corporate fraud unit...Lets see what happens.

I am wondering the Company policy on guns and ammo sold to employees. There are at least 10 stores in the area around 32541 and the facts are the employees and managers are buying or having items bought for them before it is put on the shelf for the customer. they are then selling this on various gun sites and auction sites, craigslist, Gun Broker and others for an extreme profit due to the current climate. Anecdotal information is that this is happening at an epidemic level Nationwide. I am sure this is not allowed in the policy handbook!

No I don't want anything, just to inform for you to investigate and correct. Thank you.

roost3r

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Up the hill from a whole lotta water (Scenic)

I am wondering the Company policy on guns and ammo sold to employees. There are at least 10 stores in the area around 32541 and the facts are the employees and managers are buying or having items bought for them before it is put on the shelf for the customer. they are then selling this on various gun sites and auction sites, craigslist, Gun Broker and others for an extreme profit due to the current climate. Anecdotal information is that this is happening at an epidemic level Nationwide. I am sure this is not allowed in the policy handbook!

No I don't want anything, just to inform for you to investigate and correct. Thank you.

10-4 on that! You know those guys grab it up and sell it

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Adrealine Thanks figured that was happening. Live in Foley and haven't seen anything in the 3 months I have been here. Don't even go in to look anymore. Going back to Ga in a couple weeks. Maybe it will be better there

adrenaline

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Adrealine Thanks figured that was happening. Live in Foley and haven't seen anything in the 3 months I have been here. Don't even go in to look anymore. Going back to Ga in a couple weeks. Maybe it will be better there

ALWAYS check!! I was able to pick up 240 rounds of .223 brass a couple of weeks ago at the Foley store for around eight bucks a box. I just called, as I do a couple times a day, to several stores and lucked up. The store on Blue Angel had about ten boxes of 65gr "hunting" loads this weekend, but they were around $22 a box so I passed (thanks master chief)

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I'm sure Walmart loss prevention is up to their ears doing internals. I can almost guarantee someone at some Walmart somewhere has lifted some ammo to re-sell somewhere. Don't be suprised if mass (department wide) unexplained firings occur. Albeit, panic buying is the root cause of this. I'm also not accusing specific Walmarts, but I'm not denying that its not happening.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    maybe i don't know when to keep my mouth shut, but i couldn't have let that go without pointing out their own ignorance.

You can't fix stupid and if things go to crap we need idiots to still be idiots so to give us a better chance. That's my theory anyway. But yeah it was hard not to say something

Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Niceville WM now has a sign up that says "to better serve their customers the ammo will be putout on the floor at 8am every moring". Seems lik 8am better serves the employees since less people will be standing around waiting for ammo than would be at 7pm. I imagine more people are at work at 8am than 7pm.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    try striking up a conversation, don`t act like an ass. you would be surprised. Don`t act like a child when there is no ammo. It is like the DMV be civil. learn people`s name and speak to them BY NAME. ( i know this may be a strech for a few of you)
    I am able to get all the ammo i need. Have met some real nice folks and I now know what is on the incomming trucks and shop on my way to work 6am.

Karl?

Top Bottom