• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was in there about 730pm tonight and when I walked up to the gun counter there were about 10-15 people waiting. They had gotten a truck in and they brought a case or two out of 40, 9mm I believe. We were all waiting around for awhile for the next bat h of ammo to come out. After awhile the night manager (I suspect) came out to the crowd and said he wanted to let us know that no ammo will becoming out until the truck is emptied and they will bring it out sometime after that. Said it will probably be hours from now. He then told the 2 workers working the gun counter "do not go in back and bring any ammo out, do they understand that". One of the workers then said " we'll I might as well go home then". He was irritated because he told all of us that they would bring ammo outs they could. Definitely tension between manager and worker. After the manager left he told Me it wasn't right because he can easily go in back after they in check it and bring it out so they can get the sales. And move the merchandise. They didn't have a lot to do anyway. I waited for awhile and left because 3 boxes of 223 is not worth hours in a Walmart on a Saturday night. Just overall didn't seem right what the manager did.

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would not have just left. It is the managers responsibility to ensure the store runs smoothly, not determine who does or does not get a product everyone in the sports shooting world is looking for. I understand normal routines are interrupted when 50 people per hour ask about ammo or an associate has to continually answer the phone or open the case. They need to provide cordless phones for sporting goods associates to minimize interruption. I would have asked him to bring out the product and shelve it. Though there is no way to determine if he was holding back on popular calibers unless a coworker disputed what he said. Short of that, I would have informed him that I would contact corporate if he wanted to go down that road. Folks in this country are getting tired of the BS and the last thing we need is is some department store manager rationing ammo on his terms. Corporate responds to complaints if you call. Regardless, it probably won't be too long before walmart goes the way of target & kmart and gets out of the ammo biz. The writing is on the wall. Besides they're too busy adding liquor stores, selling booze and tobacco to much care.

Last edited:

Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The manager must have been a little worried because he mentioned several times that he is following "Walmart processes". Just seemed odd he made sure he said it about five times in 3 sentences.

camuchi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I saw a group standing around Waiting at the Fairhope
    Walmart friday night. The look on their faces reminded me
    Of hurricane days.
    Seems like we are bringing a lot of this ammo shortage on
    Our selves with panic buying.

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw a group standing around Waiting at the Fairhope
    Walmart friday night. The look on their faces reminded me
    Of hurricane days.

A guy standing there, hands in pockets staring into the empty ammo case; the new Norman Rockwell Saturday Evening Post portrait.

Captken

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Would there be a Possibility that the manager had called friends about the ammo shipment and they hadn't arrived yet.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Would there be a Possibility that the manager had called friends about the ammo shipment and they hadn't arrived yet.

More likely that they had arrived. Lol. There will be ammo for all at the Milton gun show this month. Sold to you at a modest profit of course by the wally world staff just like the FWB show. :)

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah....think u gotta pay off the cashier! Going be like a dope deal going down!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went to the Dothan gun show yesterday. One table had 100 round boxes of Federal 223 for $100. I paid $34.00 for the last ones I bought at Walmart. Makes you think that the employees are buying it before it hits the floor.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went to the Dothan gun show yesterday. One table had 100 round boxes of Federal 223 for $100. I paid $34.00 for the last ones I bought at Walmart. Makes you think that the employees are buying it before it hits the floor.

That's entirely possible and even probable... but that wouldn't last long if it was confirmed and reported. The a-hole would be applying at "Target" very soon b/c I don't think Sir Wally would tolerate that non-sense.

Hunkyfish

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    I was the bearded ponytailed ol' fart at Niceville Wallyworld last night for the whole dog & pony show,,,,
    the A**hole manager is named Jim & rumor has it that he has already gotten in trouble for hording ARs for himself.
    A female manager told us at 5:30 that the 7:30 truck was "full of ammo",,,,,, the ONLY ammo that made it to sales were 3 small boxes, the first 2 had some Tula 9mm, 40 & 45acp, some Winchester 38special, 30-06, 243, & 22mag, when the workers brought these out is when manager Jim showed his ass & we ended up waiting til 9:45 for them to bring out 1 case of shotgun shells !
    I had grabbed 3 boxes of 9mm earlier so I wasn't completely screwed,,, but you cannot convince me that this manager has some BS going on that Coperate should know about

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jeff, I believe you will find that happening at most WM, no matter how much they deny it, cash rewards are a hard thing to pass up when working for WM.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sure as hell haven't been able to find anything at Academy (Pens) - I check 2 - 3 times a week. Found a few boxes 30-06 but no 9mm or 22LR...
    Haven't even tried WM this week - was checking regularly the past few weeks; tired of wasting my time with them!
    I think all of you are correct in your assessments of WM and the lack of ammo. Hopefully things will "normalize" soon!

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jeff, I believe you will find that happening at most WM, no matter how much they deny it, cash rewards are a hard thing to pass up when working for WM.

Did I just hear a bribe suggestion ?? ( gasp ) perish the thought!! Lmao

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    try striking up a conversation, don`t act like an ass. you would be surprised. Don`t act like a child when there is no ammo. It is like the DMV be civil. learn people`s name and speak to them BY NAME. ( i know this may be a strech for a few of you)
    I am able to get all the ammo i need. Have met some real nice folks and I now know what is on the incomming trucks and shop on my way to work 6am.

Hunkyfish

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    try striking up a conversation, don`t act like an ass. you would be surprised. Don`t act like a child when there is no ammo. It is like the DMV be civil. learn people`s name and speak to them BY NAME. ( i know this may be a strech for a few of you)
    I am able to get all the ammo i need. Have met some real nice folks and I now know what is on the incomming trucks and shop on my way to work 6am.

barebones,,,,
    I haven't been an ass & I do speak with the employees,,, in fact they tipped me off on the truck.
    The manager's words & actions were uncalled for & Very Unprofessional.
    In fact,,, if he is that worried about the truck's contents instead of paying customers, then maybe he should be the one unloading it, but only with Adult Supervision.
    Very glad for you & your ammo supply, I really just wanted some 22lr but after wasting 3 hrs I took the 9mm.
    I do not live close to Walmart & unfortunately, time & fuel costs are in play when I shop there

Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hunky,

I was going to ask around about which of you were on the forum but didn't. I remember seeing you. Everyone was striking up conversation and it was very civil and a calm crowd. What that manager did was intentional I'm sure. I'm guessing a few AR's and some ammo surely never made it to the floor. The local gun show is where it will be. Just wrong to see this crap happening.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    not pointing fingers, just saying, i have witnessed ( about everytime) people being shitty to the wally world folks over the ammo issue. Please correct me if i am wrong. Our government just orderer 100 years worth of ammo ? Is not a mandate already in place stating " the pecking order is #1 the government ( all government orders are to be filled first) #2 law enforcement next and #3 general public last. if correct "the ammo shortage will be over in 100 years" they dont need a gun ban.

Top Bottom