• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • forward bite

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm looking for opinions on the Tikka T3 Lite 300 Win Mag. Primarily on felt recoil but also on the overall gun. I have always been a Browning guy but recently purchased a T3 7mm08 and love it. I am ready for another 300 and really like the Tikka but am a little worried that as light as it is it may not be pleasant to shoot. I would definitely put a Limbsaver pad on it. Any opinions or experience with this weapon vs a synthetic A Bolt or X Bolt in the same caliber? Thanks

StorMay05

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had an A-bolt synthetic in 300WM for a while sold it because cheap ammo isn't cheap for that caliber. It kicked pretty good but, after about 8-9 shots id be ready to stop. If you'll only be using to hunt with, not a big deal, if you want a gun to hunt and shoot with, id go with a caliber that kicks less.

Just my opinion.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Shot a T/C Venture in 300WM and it's a little under one pound heavier than the T3 Lite, and the recoil was very manageable. Definitely not a shoot all day round by any means, but I don't think you'll have a big issue with it.

Top Bottom