Target Sports

"Three Brothers Arms" Anyone been here yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bamaslamma

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has anyone checked out the new Gun store and (range) that is under construction, in Stapleton ? I plan to check it out soon, just wondering if its worth the 15 minute trip! :ballchain:

bamaslamma

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks. I drove by on Monday but it was about 530 pm and it looked as if the store is open. Ive heard that the range wont be open until 1st of Feb. but it will be $50 memberships and $5 to shoot. " all hear say tho"

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I talked to the owner a couple of weeks ago. He hoped to have the range open early February but they we r e still doing bulldozer work. Not many guns in stock. Membership $50 now $75 after the range opens.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    John, do you still shoot there? Is it worth joining? I'm thinking of signing up so that I can shoot (unlike the FOP range) out past 25 yards. I have a couple of pistol caliber carbines that could use a little exercise.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a membership there, but since my other club reopened our rifle range, I haven't gone. The rifle range goes to 300 yards and the bays are covered with fans for air circulation. The only downside is that the range is self-policing and some of the people I have seen out there are not as meticulous as I would like to see regarding safety. Otherwise, a nice facility and the $100 annual is not that bad. Styx River is $85 annual with the same daily fee I believe but Styx is a much smaller range and not near as nice.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, I'm there several times per week. Good guys with good prices.
    52 covered stations on the rifle range split into 25, 50, 100, 200, & 300 yard target berms with a few pieces of steel at 300.
    Pistol pit that's limited to 7 yards or so. Can be stretched out farther if you are the only one there.
    Fair selection of gun and ammo at very good prices. They will order anything you want. Some consignment guns.
    Transfers are $20 for members, $35 for non-members I think. Don't hold me to that.
    Class III dealer for your NFA stuff. Silencer Shop kiosk on premises to get your fingerprints and other ATF needs done in one spot.

I think memberships are $100/year, something like $70/year for Veterans.
    Range fees are $15/day for non-members, $5/day for members.

251-494-0095

36603 State Hwy 59, Stapleton, AL 36578

Last edited:

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks for the recommendation. I called Three Brothers Arms this afternoon and decided to join them on Monday. The discount for being a vet is also nice. :thumb:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My only complaint about the place is that they are closed on Sunday, which is one of my prime shooting days.

One owner and some part timers. The owner has to spend some time with his family. I wish they were open Sunday too. Also I think state law restricts ranges to 1 PM to 5 PM on Sundays. Older ranges were grandfathered in when the law was passed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom