Target Sports

Thoughts on late March/April group buy for powder, primer, bullets, loading supplies

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • molldog06

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So in my experience whenever it gets near a presidential election the reloading components, loaded ammo, guns, gun parts, anything gun related gets real hard to find and pricey due to the m16panic buyers. I am contemplating a group reloading supply buy for late march or early April and am morally conflicted about it. I just wanted yalls input as to whether our little group making a bulk reloading supply order at that time would add to the coming "election shooting sports panic' or is it just being responsible and looking out for our families.:noidea: I'm curious as to your thoughts on this as I do not want to add to the politically motivated gun panics that are coming around all to often but don't want us to get left high and dry either. Maybe I am thinking to much into this, just want us to be able to keep shooting when everything starts drying up but do not want to fuel the panic fire so to speak. Let me know your thoughts. Mods sorry if this is the wrong spot just figured its more re-loaders wold see it here, feel free to move it where you see fit. If we decide to do a group buy I plan on putting that thread in the group buy section.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Count me in on anything reloading. I don't panic, I'm just a realist. In addition, I'm a cheap capitalistic pig and I'm always looking for a way to save a nickel. :madgrin:

molldog06

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The more I think about it I'm gonna need more powder in the next 3-4 months regardless of what the politifools are doing election wise. And I doubt our little order is gonna have any noticeable effect on the supply chain. I'm hoping the powder and primer makers have ramped up production to avoid the component drought from a year and a half or so ago. My moral conflict is over . Now on to scout the web for the best prices. Garpo thanks for your input, I too am a cheap capitalist hog always trying to save half a penny. And if people think we are panic buying-hoarding it don't bother me.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'll probably order some stuff. If I can wait that long...

I may try to organize another small group buy once I get a couple new loads figured out.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'll get in also, LMK when you or anyone else decides to do it.

Also I drive about once a week I-10 mobile to Pensacola and mobile to Slidell so I might could assist in some transporting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Count me in for powder & primers. I just need to take an inventory to see what I need.

Top Bottom