• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Just got my first glock, mod 23 gen 4, what are your thoughts on it ?????

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Personally ---> do not like Gen 4's and do not like the 40Short&Weak. But hey,that's just one opinion. I would opt for a Gen 3 Glock 19.

Other than that ---> keep it lubed as per owners manual .. install a 3.5# connector .. contrary to poplar belief,Glocks DO have to be stripped and cleaned every now and then .. Install a set of night sights also. AND ...... have fun with the gun. --- SAWMAN

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In my opinion, one of the most versatile Glocks. I use to have one. Good for ccw and range. Conversions for .22lr, .9mm and I believe you can go .357 Sig (I know the reverse is true). I would recommend the newish TFX sights but that's a personal choice. Congratulations! Oh and don't forget to get a 22 round mag for it!

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If your in pensacola, I believe buck-n-bass may still have a 22 conversion for sale. I don't know the make and model, I would bring a smart phone and check google to see if it's compatible with gen 4 if they have it(don't trust a salesman, and I know gen 1-3 slides are not compatible with gen 4).
    If it were me, when it's time to convert to 9mm I'd go with a threaded barrel, and I'll second django and say I think the only thing nessecary to go 357 is a barrel, everything down to the mags and recoil spring are the same between them. Research and make sure, I wouldn't trust me any more than a sales man.

I'd also opt for gi joe cobra slide plate and mag bases. But only because storm shadow is the shit and it's a glock, why not? We are talking 40$ and it makes it more personal. Or just buy a boat load of ammunition and proceed to very thoroughly get to know your pistol.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    GI Joe mag base and slide plate does sound cool. I may have to go that route.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the Glock 23 gen 3. That is a great all around pistol, the proverbial y2k or zombie apocalypse gun. You can easily conceal it. It has plenty of firepower and stopping power. Accurate, reliable, resistant to the elements and lightweight. I have a lot of excellent handguns from many different manufacturers but if I had to go someplace where I could only have one handgun, it would be the Glock 23

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Great gun, fun to shoot, definitely get the 3.5 # connector and night sights. Funny thing about all those folks who critize the 40 Short and Wimpy, I haven't found one who wants to get shot by it.

Idoono

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a g23 I like it and I just got a long wolf barrel in 9mm. If my wife ever want to carry a pistol see can have that one. They are good guns and what I love about them you can customize them for cheap

Elvid

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a .357 sig guy for EDC but I keep a LW .40 barrel for my G32c thus making it a G23. Arguably the best sidearm option for a preptard like myself. And like Django said, get some 22rnd mags. Don't want to die for lack of shooting back if the shite ever gets really deep. BTW Don't listen to the .40 haters. Its as good a round as any other standard sidearm round. It *is* snappy (and I want it to be or Id have bought a .22) but as of late, I've been shooting my .40 pistols with my off hand mostly.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I have one suggestion on where you could cram it...... :tape2: j/k :lol:

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Only realistic way that I can think of would be to use it as your back up mag. Still be pretty inconvenient but do able.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Someone carrying a glock 23 has more in the piece than I'd have total, if I carries a backup.

If I can't handle it in 7(or even 5), then I probably can't handle it alone.

I'd go with nite sites, I'm about to order some myself

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got 22mags and 23mags but if I have to use my pistol I want to use it. Like the sheriff out in Texas did head shots and get it over with

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    if I have to use my pistol I want to use it. Like the sheriff out in Texas did head shots and get it over with

MAXman and I have established that the cop in Texas used a Glock Revolver . . a rare and wonderous weapon.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think it stove piped and he threw it at the assailants, where it then kaboomed and shrapnel hit both shooters in the head.

Only thing that makes sense.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think it stove piped and he threw it at the assailants, where it then kaboomed and shrapnel hit both shooters in the head.

Only thing that makes sense.
    LOL - glad I was not drinking anything when I read that post or my nose would have resembled a faucet and my keyboard would have shorted out.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom