Target Sports

This is what happens when you try and carjack an armed citizen!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcardace

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is awesome. imagine if more people cared how scared criminals would be..lol..well never mind they would be died

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Excellent!

However, I do have a question about legalities: Do you think the second shot, made while the BG was running away, would result in some bad legal juju? Again, I'm all warm and fuzzy over the outcome of this particular situation but just really curious over how the State prosecutors might try to twist this.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    excellent !!!!! way to go dude !!! cud'nt have done it no better my own damn self !!!!!!!!!!!!! proud of ya too.................:clap2:

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Excellent!

However, I do have a question about legalities: Do you think the second shot, made while the BG was running away, would result in some bad legal juju? Again, I'm all warm and fuzzy over the outcome of this particular situation but just really curious over how the State prosecutors might try to twist this.

a good lawyer would stress the point of.... if he was capable of defence, he would have commited such. 2nd shot shut him down and made the area safe.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Excellent!

Probably. He shot the guy while he was trying to crawl away with his back turned to the driver. Bad move.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Excellent!

How do you know you hit him and he's not right around the corner waiting to pop you. Empty the dang mag into em.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh yeah, I certainly understand about clearing the area and such, just wonder how a Liberal prosecutor might try to spin it. Not saying I don't think the guy had the right to take additional shots.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh yeah, I certainly understand about clearing the area and such, just wonder how a Liberal prosecutor might try to spin it. Not saying I don't think the guy had the right to take additional shots.

You run that risk just by protecting yourself period. Just have to train and know the law. And then hope that in the heat of the moment you remember that knowledge. Someone pulls a gun on me, you better not give me a chance to get mine out. The mag is being emptied. I'll worry about the rest later.

wld1985

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was in Bass Pro, Over in AL last week.. There was a guy there looking for a gun for his wife,he said they had been walking not long ago and some guy came around the corner and said give me all your money.. He said No, The robbery Said NO? He said no and pulled out his .45, I guess the guy took off and he reported it to FHP.. Well FHP said would you of shot him? The guy said if he would of touched my wife or something I would of unloaded a clip on him.. I said, did he have a gun.. Guy said he had a pea shooter .22 or something..

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shots were justified - bg still armed and appeared ready to roll and fire again. Could still be a legal nightmare but thank God for video!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Second shot ---> You WILL have to prove to a jury of your peers that he still constituted a threat, or you perceived him to be a threat,and he was still capable of carrying out that threat, or you will most likely go to jail.

First shot,fine. Move to cover,cover him while watching your six. Let his BP drop to zero. Call the cops. Tell them "what they want to hear". Go home to your wife and kids. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Donkey_McWedges

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any one else think maybe "homeboi" had a, well "homeboi" lol... Seems like the second guy to come from around the same corner 2 seconds after the bg looking straight at the car could have been with the bg and once the first shot was fired he stained his undies and went home to clean them. This is why I hated that 5 shot 38. I don't know about empting an mag on 1 person with the possibilities of his friends being around. I agree with shoot him to the ground, make sure his weapon is not in his possesion, and clear the area. And if your like my cheap ass and use sprint for a cell phone service, the bg WILL bleed out before you have a bar of signal to call 911.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The BG was still moving and still had possession of his firearm = he is still a potential threat. You don't know if you have hit him with the earlier shot(s). Just because he turned and was moving away doesn't mean that he (and/or his buds) aren't going to reverse course again and return -- with guns blazing. I say keep shooting until the potential for a threat has ceased = BG down, incapacitated and gun away from him.

Anyone here who thinks they are going to be worried about being sued -- while in the middle of a fire-fight as part of a car-jacking -- needs to reevaluate whether they should be carrying a firearm for self-protection...you haven't established the right mindset yet.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Here we go. ---> Soooooo f&s your saying that even if he has his back turned to you,if he still has posession of his firearm he still should be shot......uhhhhhhh....in the back ???

And...."potential for a threat".......there are tons of things and people that are "potential for a threat" out there. You probably need to clarify your above..........or not............. --- SAWMAN

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, I am saying just that. An aggressor with a weapon has made a conscious decision to initiate a deadly threat. When things get nasty -- he can't just "change his mind" and expect there not to be consequences. Watch the video again -- the time elapsed between the first shot and the last is less than a couple of seconds. You're telling me that strapped into a seatbelt in a car that has just been attempted to be jacked -- that you arer going to have the presence of mind to stop shooting just because the BG turns tail and begins to run? No, I don't think so -- he's mobile and I'm essentially immobile/trapped at that point. He is a previous known threat that has the potential to engage/escalate the conflict again. I am going to keep pulling the trigger until I feel certain that deadly threat is down -- still not knowing what his buddy's intentions or location might be. I don't care if he's shot in the back, the ass, or the head -- he's getting shot. And, getting shot again if he continues to move on the ground with a gun in his hand.

Top Bottom