• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A .65 gram 22k nugget captured at Grisson Mine, Dahlonega GA. My total haul for $100 worth of unseeded natural
    pay dirt was 1.32 grams, worth $68 for gold but panning is rarely profitable, it's strictly for fun. If you're worried about investments buy bullion instead.

Attachments

• DSC_4111.JPG
      DSC_4111.JPG
      135.6 KB · Views: 33

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm sure your probably one of the luckier ones too. I'm Curious as to how much dirt you get for 100.00?
    It's mined from an open pit quartz mine in Dahlonega, GA, crushed in a 100 year old stamp mill, concentrated using a trommel and then sold by the gallon at 15/1, 30/1 or 75/1 concentrate, Grisson Mine. Prices for 1 gallon pay dirt are $60, $100 or $175 respectively, plus shipping. They claim there's nothing added, nothing taken away. Also sell unconcentrated pay dirt of $20 for a 5 gallon bag.

I've always found Au in every bag I've bought from them, this time being the best and never a less than 50% ROI, usually around 65-70%. But there's no guarantees on finding anything there, all part of the thrill of the hunt. They also have places to pan for gold and gemstones, I think it's $15 to pan, visit the mill and all the old mining equipment, and some new mining equipment.

I do it for all for fun and enjoyment, I expect to find very little, if any, in the wild when I go to any of the GPAA leases, those folks use $10K dredges. Until then I practice my panning skills.

Last edited:

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have you ever tried any of the creeks and rivers around here? I hear most have gold somewhere.

Not yet, I'm super new to this endeavor but I've been researching it extensively. The only gold in Florida is from shipwrecks or tourist losing their jewelry. Being a newby I will depend on the GPAA and the Alabama Gold Camp for prospecting until I get more experience. Unless you have a claim you have to use public land, rent a gold camp, GPAA lease or rent a lease from the claim owner, usually by the day.

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    I have an electrical water wheel gold planner for sale, if you get tired of panning by hand or want to do higher volume. I bought it when I was doing salvage work on the 1715 fleet in south Florida. For awhile, we were dredging and getting gold nuggets and chain fragments from the 1715 fleet wrecks. But we aren’t doing as much dredging anymore, and concentrating on larger artifacts, coins, and jewelry now. Some recent finds from this year.

Attachments

• 28279131-E115-4BE3-908F-C348816A48EB.jpeg
      28279131-E115-4BE3-908F-C348816A48EB.jpeg
      85.3 KB · Views: 51
    • FDF10BD5-31EF-43A9-8CAD-8F5912033E56.jpeg
      FDF10BD5-31EF-43A9-8CAD-8F5912033E56.jpeg
      301.2 KB · Views: 40
    • 6C5550EF-386A-4FB0-8A4C-6D51B97CDE77.jpeg
      6C5550EF-386A-4FB0-8A4C-6D51B97CDE77.jpeg
      334.8 KB · Views: 54

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    It's mined from an open pit quartz mine in Dahlonega, GA, crushed in a 100 year old stamp mill, concentrated using a trommel and then sold by the gallon at 15/1, 30/1 or 75/1 concentrate, Grisson Mine. Prices for 1 gallon pay dirt are $60, $100 or $175 respectively, plus shipping. They claim there's nothing added, nothing taken away. Also sell unconcentrated pay dirt of $20 for a 5 gallon bag.

I've always found Au in every bag I've bought from them, this time being the best and never a less than 50% ROI, usually around 65-70%. But there's no guarantees on finding anything there, all part of the thrill of the hunt. They also have places to pan for gold and gemstones, I think it's $15 to pan, visit the mill and all the old mining equipment, and some new mining equipment.

I do it for all for fun and enjoyment, I expect to find very little, if any, in the wild when I go to any of the GPAA leases, those folks use $10K dredges. Until then I practice my panning skills.
    Took the kids there when we lived in Columbus. Super fun time! Daughter found a big old garnet or some gem type green thing... shes still convinced its a treasure beyond her wildest dreams. Good times though in Dahlonega!

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Took the kids there when we lived in Columbus. Super fun time! Daughter found a big old garnet or some gem type green thing... shes still convinced its a treasure beyond her wildest dreams. Good times though in Dahlonega!
    That's great, that's what it's all about.....FUN. My wife likes rocks so I bought her some gemstones, she enjoyed mining and cleaning them and now going to polish'um up. BTW, they got robbed at gunpoint last FEB, took 100K worth of jewelry, nuggets and cash. Still haven't found him.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Yeah but aren't you still on Claim 1 on that other issue with the impact driver?

No. We are done with those claims. Everyone gave up after we put in the automated phone system. It takes about 5 hour and 1,000 numbers put in to get to a real person.

Keltec actually just called us to take over their complaint line.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No. We are don’t with those claims. Everyone gave up after we put in the automated phone system. It takes about 5 hour and 1,000 numbers put in to get to a real person.

Keltec actually just called us to take over their complaint line.

Merican ingenuity.

nwfdub

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have an electrical water wheel gold planner for sale, if you get tired of panning by hand or want to do higher volume. I bought it when I was doing salvage work on the 1715 fleet in south Florida. For awhile, we were dredging and getting gold nuggets and chain fragments from the 1715 fleet wrecks. But we aren’t doing as much dredging anymore, and concentrating on larger artifacts, coins, and jewelry now. Some recent finds from this year.
    Nice ring. I'm guessing that's not for sale?

Sent from my SM-G715U using Tapatalk

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    I got $500 cash for you.
    I’m not the one selling it, it belongs to the company that I work for. However, when it goes to auction, you can always submit your bid, lol. It’s insane what certified 1715 fleet treasure items go for, and this is the first ring like this, recovered in probably 20+ years.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom