• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schavey

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After several models of the S&W M&P in both 9mm and 40S&W, and some tinkering with the triggers, I have grown to revere their functioning. So, I made a mental note to go take a look at the "new" Shield. At first, it was impossible to see/handle one. The demand was so great that they disappeared from the gun stores faster than a 22 caliber brick does nowadays.
    Not too long ago, S&W's production capability started to catch up with the demand, so I was able to get my hands on one, and give it a try.
    Briefly, --here are my observations:
    >pretty much follows the M&P design, so if you know that line, the Shield will not surprise you.
    >build quality does not show any cut corners rushing them through production
    >bench held accuracy is good
    >trigger leaves a lot to be desired, IMO [BUT, installing a new APEX trigger designed for the Shield, makes it a superb carry weapon]
    >it does have a frame safety[some will curse this, but remember, you do not have to use it]
    >it is not much smaller physically, than its bigger brothers.

It is still selling quickly, and I think that is because the availability "word" is out, and rental trials have been positive. (available in 9 and 40):usa:

Top Bottom