• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My 16 year old son watched the election results last night until it was announced decided....then he went bed.

This morning, before leaving for school...he sat down beside me as I had coffee and made a very profound statement. He stated:

"I really don't like it that Obama was re-elected as I don't think he has lived up to almost all that he stated he was going to accomplish 4 years ago. I don't think he or his intent is good for our Country and he will make America weaker by making our Government bigger and more in control of everyone. But what concerns me most is that half the American population voted for him and it concerns me that we have come the point that half our population would prefer a Government to take care of them instead of just taking care of themselves."

It is most often that I try to add value to a conversation with one of my two boys, but I found that I could not have said it any better than my son...so I just told him.."I agree". Then... I simply looked at him and told him that I was very proud of him and that he will be a leader and not a follower and I know he can make a good and positive difference for many others.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Great that your son came up with that decision/observation. At that age a parent would hope that their children are very close to becoming independent.

Your son and all the other children out their will have a extremely hard life. If your son gets a degree and wants to do an honest days work and be rewarded by and honest days pay he will be in the MINORITY. You can only hope that as a parent you did your "job". You have armed him with the knowledge to distinguish right from wrong. Given him the moral fiber to accomplish what he wants out of life and not at some point,throw up his hands any say "I quit'.

I firmly believe that the welfare people have very low moral character. If you/we have trained our children correctly they should be able to rise above the welfare system. You son is on the right path. Give him all the encouragement that you can,both now and all during his adult life. Think about where he will be at the end of Da Bro's term four years from now. Hope he is prepared for that.

Good Luck To Us All ----- SAWMAN

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bravo to both of you, very insightful young man.

The United States is bigger than any one man, for those religious-minded folks, trust in God as I do and remember this is all part of his plan. We may not like the outcome, but things are unfolding the way God wants them to.

Last edited:

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Curtis, he's wise beyond his years. It will be truly interesting to see how 2016 looks. As I've said in other places, the Democrats have finally gottten their wish; a dumbed down, greedy, mal-informed, and entitled electorate. I point fingers at facts such as Romney not answering some of the accusations and the ever growing class of ebt people. It won't be long before the dollar is near worthless. The flash mobs that we saw last spring and summer will again rear it's ugly head. There's already talk of the debt ceiling being raised. Congress will cave on this issue because they are panty-waists and job scared. My kids, and your's will just be saddled with more debt. They're driving the bus, we're just passengers.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom