• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used to enjoy drinking my coffee, watching the news and checking the forum first thing in the morning. However, between all the Zimmerman related news and the rest of the “BS” going on around the country/ world the news (Even Fox) is discouraging.

The stuff that makes the news these days is amazing.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It certainly does not make me happy with the America I thought I lived in. I am just glad i am not a young person any longer or i would be very nervous!

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been telling everyone that I want to disconnect myself from news, TV, Smart phones, etc... and just move out into the middle of nowhere. It seems now a days people are just sucked into this crap. I find myself reading the news on my smart phone etc... and making my blood boil too much. All fine and dandy till I get older. I think I am going to end up with a stroke in my older years if I continue down this technology connected life where instant news is the thing. I just need to move myself in the middle of the woods and simply worry about myself. Just simply worry about things one day at a time and slow my life down. I wish I could do it now. But this little thing called supporting your family gets in the way right now.

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's the 24hr news cycle. If there were no cable news, it would still be just the regular networks at 5am, noon, 5-6pm and 10pm. All the bullshit would get sorted out, much the way it used to.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TP, that is what our leases are for, get away and disconnect, I have so much peace in the woods!

I hear ya Frank. I want to be in that place permanently though. I think that is why I like to hunt as much as I do. I find peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of every day life out there. I have told my wife that once I retire (who knows when) I am heading out to the woods to live. She can come if she wants.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    NO NEWS has been some of the best times in my life. There was a time in my life I had more money than now and was able to go on a couple of cruises that were a week long. I was home about 3 days before I heard about the shooting down of the Iran air liner. Another time we went to war somewhere or something and I didn't know about it. Guess I was to worried about the top optonal sun deck to watch what they did get in the way of news on the ship...Even coming down here last winter when the school shooting happened we hward about it on the cb raido. Beleave me there is alot to be said for not hearing the news for a week at a time..A person dosen't realize how much of our life we waste thinking about and fretting overthings that we can't do anything about or really won't change a thing in our lives.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why do you think I can considering a move to Alaska?!?!?

Little "crap" to deal with in terms of the public, no state income taxes, no sales taxes -- the State actually pays each resident about $2K from the oil profits -- and it is physically remote from the lower 48. Contrary to popular belief, the weather in the Anchorage area isn't very brutal at all -- it is considered the "Bannana belt" of Alaska. They have Walmarts and Sam's clubs...what else would I need?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    When in the military I had a stopover in Anchorage for about 20hrs. We got out and was able to see some of the countryside. I remember that while driving out of the city it did not take us long to get into the boonies. Can't remember what month it was, but the temp was about 80deg.

Can definitely understand the "remote from the lower 48" thing. What would be even better is if they had a "all Alaska" TV channel up there. A channel that had only stuff that was happening in AK. ABSOLUTE PERFECTION !! --- SAWMAN

dead-bird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I had a stop for a few hours in Anchorage going from Florida to the P.I.

It was freezing ass cold, at night, nothing in the airport was open, I'm in shorts an flip flops.

I was not prepared at all. It was brutal.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I get my "mainstream" news from Reuters and AP. Most of the progressive spin comes after entities like CNN or MSNBC have gotten the info from Reuters or AP. Also, Reuters and AP pretty much reports on everything, crap and relevant stuff. I just find it easier to wade through the bias and focus on the who, what, when, where, why and how with those two entities. CNN, FOX, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, BBC, Al Jazeera, etc. are useless to me now. I don't watch any of them anymore. I am looking for other unbiased news organizations if anyone has any suggestions. As long as I am in the Army, I have access to good information by virtue of my job. But I won't be in forever and won't always have that access.

Any thoughs on the Drudge Report?

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been telling everyone that I want to disconnect myself from news, TV, Smart phones, etc... and just move out into the middle of nowhere. It seems now a days people are just sucked into this crap. I find myself reading the news on my smart phone etc... and making my blood boil too much. All fine and dandy till I get older. I think I am going to end up with a stroke in my older years if I continue down this technology connected life where instant news is the thing. I just need to move myself in the middle of the woods and simply worry about myself. Just simply worry about things one day at a time and slow my life down. I wish I could do it now. But this little thing called supporting your family gets in the way right now.

Make a slow transition. I cut CNN and the other MSM outlets from my life and went with Reuters and AP only. And even then I only look at them once a week or so. Then after a while I cut my cable and went with NetFlix. I went from watching that 24 hours news cycle and my wife watching pop TV and all that crap down to only watching a few select shows like Survivorman, Duel Survival, some of those Alaska shows, an occasional movie. Wish I could get Duck Dynasty. Not sure what my next step is but I do eventually plan on living rural and somewhat off the grid (I can't be missing my SEC football and New Orleans Saints...). Maybe in Jay or Munson or Chumuckla or near Coldwater somewhere.

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm going to try watching the news in the morning just long enough to see the world didn't end over night and then turn it off.

Walker

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So much Zimmerman trial coverage really cut into my keeping up with the lifestyles of the rich and famous. What's the latest on Kim Kardashian's baby? Are Jazzy and Beyondsay still in Cuba? Where are the Obama family vacationing this month?

(LOL)

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    you have to look at News as entertainment .

who would have thought the Zimmerman Prosecutor would excuse a Black Juror just for Being a Fox News Watcher ?

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

You remind me of myself when I was younger. I too get very pissed off watching the Liberal media MAKE news. And you are right about when you get older. Us older guys, the ones that you see always calling almost everyone a dumbass like Red on the 70-'s show, we get very excited and angry with the things going on today because a lot of us fought for something very different then you see today. I agree with Frank , I'm glad I'm on the back nine or I would be very nervous.

Top Bottom