Patriot Mobile

The importance of buying a quality holster.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Did I miss what gun was in the holster or did they purposefully leave that info out? Why would they leave that out?

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm not surprised at this happening , have had handgun;s come out of some holster's , when getting up from setting and when running, just for a few of thing I have had happen, and seen happen to others. This why I have started covering holster's in my CCW class's, any one that has been to one, can tell you I spend about a half hour or more on this, have a large array of different holster's for people to try, and where to carry. Just had a good friend, have an AD with a 45 glock, under stand he had it in his coat pocket, came out and tried to catch it, barrel was pointed at his mid section when it went off, bullet miss every thing important. I under stand he is out of the hospital now, Most of the time this happen when removing or putting a hand gun in a holster. just my 5 cents jj

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not buying the Theory on how the handgun discharged. I went the the blackhawk site and found what I believe is the correct holster. From the discreption of materials, it is soft and flexible. The handgun is not specified, just striker fired. There is no mention of any safety on the grip, frame, slide or trigger. Is there any striker fired handguns that don't have a safety? I did a test!

I removed the holster from the test. It is a flexible barrier between the bunched up t-shirt and the trigger guard and trigger. If the bunched up T-shirt by itself will not cause the action to "fire", there is no need to test with it in place.

I used two pistols a G22 for a trigger safety variant and a Sig 1911 to simulate a off position safety on frame or slide (the grip safety was tied down). Pistols were placed on a rubber mat on the floor mag release up. I then did three tests with multiple attemps of each to both guns appropriately "cocked":

1. Tightly rolled a T from bottom up eight inches, layed it across the trigger guards (several different ways) and stepped on the trigger area with my heal @ 185 lbs. Neither "fired" but mags did release on some tests.

2. Loosely folded T from bottom eight inches. Same test as above: Same results

3. Balled up wad of T placed over trigger guard and in contact with trigger. Heel @185 lbs: Neither fired.

I find it hard to believe "Matt" applied more then180 lbs of force between his body and belt thereby compressing bunched up material into the trigger guard/against the trigger causing it to fire. Anyone that wants to provide the holster in question, I will be more then happy to stand on that too. Feel free to do your own tests simulating the events with the facts available.

Was Matt removing or repositioning his gun and/or holster from behind his back as he was getting in the car? Maybe fingered the trigger area and hit his arm on the door frame or seat back, thus driving the gun/hand back into the holster and finger forced against the trigger.

Hmmmmm............

Last edited:
    Top Bottom