• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree, I need more shots than a 40 or 45 can offer me. I tend to piss people off in groups!!

Last edited:

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was once a fan of the 40 S&W but at this stage in my life I find the 9mm more enjoyable to shoot....

Last edited:

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "LEO’s miss between 70 – 80 percent of the shots fired during a shooting incident"

And they say it's all about shot placement?!?!

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    They said the same thing about 38+p.
    and 10mm.
    And 40.

I feel 9mm works well, I like the price, and the way most weapons handle 9mm.
    It's not the best though. That's like saying a 4 cylinder is the best because you can turbo charge it.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I prefer 9mm and don't feel under-gunned with the 14+1 of 124gr+P GDHP I carry. Suitable ballistics with modern HPs, slightly higher capacity in similar platforms than .40/45 and generally lower priced ammo to boot what's not to like. With the military needing to cut cost and now considering HPs maybe they'll stay with the 9mm.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I would argue that the military should go to hp 9mm, except outside of pmo in drawing a blank on people that actually have to rely on a side arm.
    It would be a step in the right direction, 9mm ball doesn't do shit against actual body armor.

The firearms blog, however, has assured me the detonics is all but been ordered as the next military sidearm, though.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would argue that the military should go to hp 9mm, except outside of pmo in drawing a blank on people that actually have to rely on a side arm.
    It would be a step in the right direction, 9mm ball doesn't do shit against actual body armor.

The firearms blog, however, has assured me the detonics is all but been ordered as the next military sidearm, though.

Geneva Convention

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    They said the same thing about 38+p.
    and 10mm.
    And 40.

I feel 9mm works well, I like the price, and the way most weapons handle 9mm.
    It's not the best though. That's like saying a 4 cylinder is the best because you can turbo charge it.

our forces get whatever the biggest payola from lobbyists for big defense contracts buys them..

that being said, go with 9mm, hollowpoint,124 grain, and the hell with Geneva ....

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Geneva Convention

Wrong Convention...

The Pentagon's devotion to full-metal jacket, or ball ammunition, is the result of a 116-year-old guideline in the 1899 Hague Convention that prohibits combat units from using bullets that "expand or flatten easily" inside the human body.

The declaration was ratified by all major powers, except the United States, but the Pentagon has used it as the legal standard to rule out any ammunition other than ball for use in sidearms.

US Army is Considering Hollow-Point Bullets to Go with New Pistol
    http://www.military.com/daily-news/...ring-hollow-point-bullets-to-go-with-new.html

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "LEO’s miss between 70 – 80 percent of the shots fired during a shooting incident"

And they say it's all about shot placement?!?!

It is about shoot placement. 16 rounds in a GLock 19 and they are going to hit you 3 to 5 times. That should be sufficient

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hasn't the Marine Corps been using an otm bullet like the Federal MK 318 for a while and also snipers using the otm? I don't think the hollow points is anything new. It would be nice to see it be used across the board.

Top Bottom