• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good for the hospital for backing up their nurses. Both of those guys should of been fired and stripped their Leo credentials as well. A little jail time would in order for the ass hat that man handled the nurse.

Stripping of credentials seems appropriate, as in banned for life. My guess is they'll relocate and be working in another department in a few weeks/months.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The SLCPD wasn't going to do anything to those scumbags until the nurse and her lawyer released the video to the public several weeks later. SLCPD has a problem and the "few bad apples" argument doesn't apply to them.

I work on a trauma/surgical floor at Baptist Hospital and have had to deal with PPD, ECSO and FHP coming to my desk and acting like jackasses trying to intimidate my nurses into breaking federal privacy laws and violating policy. EVERY time we have explained ourselves to them, their demeanor changed immediately and I have been threatened with citation and arrest multiple times. I have nearly sixty coworkers on my floor alone. They all WANT to support and love our local LEOs, but how do you think all of them ACTUALLY feel about them after those kind of encounters?

I'm supposed to paint my curb blue and stick signs in my yard and buy blue light bulbs and get the bumper stickers and repeat "a few bad apples" ad nauseam, while ignoring my own personal experiences, ignore the fact that an entire PD in a state capital (SLC) is corrupt, ignore stories like the ones coming from Chicago's Homan Square, ignore the bullshit my brother-in-law tells me (he's a new local cop and has already told me several things that the local media would probably like to know and his attitude is unbearable), ignore the fact that the Florida Sheriff's Association always opposes pro-gun legislation in Tallahassee...

People think that the BLM morons (yes, they are morons) are the only ones with an ax to grind. There are more than a few decent people out there who are getting tired of this bullshit. If that's hard for anyone to swallow, then too bad.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    The guy cop definitely being a jackass and should be dealt with accordingly.
    However, if a drunk idiot killed my kid, you can bet your ass I'd be there drawing the blood myself, and fuck the perp's "privacy policy" they kinda left that by the wayside when they decided to drive while hammered or high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its not called a "privacy policy".

Its called a "not having a warrant nor having probable cause".

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stripping of credentials seems appropriate, as in banned for life. My guess is they'll relocate and be working in another department in a few weeks/months.

This is definitely the case. It a huge problem. Look up the history of the Crestview police department. That guy went through like 3 departments in 5 years before they all went down on a racketeering charge. Ill try to look up the reference, but I'm very busy now. I knew a LT what worked with him when he was at BCSO and I asked him WTF dude? And he said "Its just easier to let them move on, then all the effort to fire them and prosecute"

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This should get you started:

Court upholds Floyd’s racketeering conviction

Before his arrest, Floyd was second in command at the police department and headed up its Street Crimes Unit for about five years.

During Floyd’s sentencing in October 2013, Edgar said Floyd had “perverted justice” and “did everything a police officer should never do,” according to previous Daily News reports.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Crestview Police Major Indicted; Police Chief Suspended

The grand jury presentment released Monday accuses 37-year old Joseph Floyd of misusing department resources, displaying a pattern of excessive force, sexual misconduct, making racially derogatory remarks, falsifying police reports and records, intimidating other officers, and tampering with witnesses.

During grand jury testimony, witnesses accused Floyd of soliciting sex from female police officers as well as women he met in public that he didn't even know. He's also accused of tasing suspects without cause, hitting a suspect in the head with an assault rifle, elbowing suspects in the neck and throat, and beating a handcuffed suspect.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The guy cop definitely being a jackass and should be dealt with accordingly.
    However, if a drunk idiot killed my kid, you can bet your ass I'd be there drawing the blood myself, and fuck the perp's "privacy policy" they kinda left that by the wayside when they decided to drive while hammered or high.

Hold on, are you advocating breaking the law and taking matters into you own hands?

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hold on, are you advocating breaking the law and taking matters into you own hands?

No, he is not. He is just expressing a concern that it would be difficult not to take action against a person who killed a one of his children.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No, he is not. He is just expressing a concern that it would be difficult not to take action against a person who killed a one of his children.

LOL.Yep, you must be an attorney .

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    The Armchair Quarterback. Comments & debate on LE, Mil and Civ Use of Force

Thanks, also stating that those who choose to endanger others should have no privileges such as "privacy" or "confidentiality" in the aftermath of their choices.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Let me clarify...
    If you've been involved in a motor vehicle accident, and there is reason to consider impairment, the drawing of blood should be automatic and mandatory as soon as possible.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Let me clarify...
    If you've been involved in a motor vehicle accident, and there is reason to doubt impairment, the drawing of blood should be automatic and mandatory as soon as possible.
    But... the 4th amendment.

They do draw blood "as soon as possible"... and it is not possible until they have a warrant.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Yep, go get the warrant and let the guy sober up while the papers get drawn up, even if he wreaks of booze and there's a bottle of bourbon on the floorboard...

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

After some reading, I've found out that the guy whose blood drawing was in question was not the suspect. I was erroneously under the impression he was the suspect, and had been drinking.
    Please disregard...

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After some reading, I've found out that the guy whose blood drawing was in question was not the suspect. I was erroneously under the impression he was the suspect, and had been drinking.
    Please disregard...

The patient, who was a truck driver, had already been given pain medicines and sedatives since he was critically burned. Cop knew this, but wanted a blood sample showing blood with drugs in it so they could push the blame for the head on crash during a high speed police chase onto him, thereby removing liability for the accident from the police department. Quite interesting if you care to research it, and Utah law.

This is why, to put it gently, we should be careful here.

We think we know we're intelligent, we think we know the story, we think we know our cause is just........but then suddenly?

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Slipper slope for sure, if you don't play by the rules then you run the risk of someone else not following them either.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    per your Post #22: The SLCPD wasn't going to do anything to those scumbags

Sounds like your grinding the axe about dozens of cases of repeated abuse. As vocal as you are about this "abuse and intimidation" you surely reported it. Please reference a few written responses you have received from the listed LE Agencies or their supervisory authorities in regard to your complaints.

Seems odd that preceived abuse and intimidation, reported once or several times would continue if violations of policy and conduct standards were actually found. Either way, their would be a official response and further action by the hospital and or multiple employees if not corrected or satisfied with the response and result during subsequent encounters.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom