THE ACCESSORY OF ALL ACCESSORIES for ALL OUTDOORS/ BACK WOODS TYPES (Crestview)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

schavey

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you have been hankerin' for a versatile, all-purpose STREET LEGAL/back woods/rough terrain, narrow trail capable vehicle that has cargo or sleep space OR can even tow a small cargo/camping equipment trailer, don't spend your hard-earned $$ on a limited use, expensive 4wheeler ATV.
    Crossover or Jeep Wrangler too big, clumsy and expensive??----Not this almost one of a kind vehicle! And it is a great town car runabout.

This one has 5 speed manual, 4 WD, a removable fiberglass roof buttressed by a full Roll Bar, a front cab removable roof, a radio, A/C and heater that all work, a brute of a front bumper, and a hitch. Add to that, new front seats, an almost new interior[rugs and seat covers], and new wheels and tires[ about 300 miles].
    This vehicle has room, if necessary, for some lifting and somewhat larger tires, without fender modification. I am sure you have guessed that this vehicle is the famous, and somewhat hard to find (in this condition), SAMURAI. This is a 1992. The odometer reads a little less than 114,000 BUT, it spent five years of its life as a towed lifeboat behind a nearly full time motor home. The estimate of towed miles less driven miles for those five years was approximately 50,000, so the net actual driven mileage should be about 64,000. This is a strong motor and excellent transmission combination. On the highway, my wife claims it gets about 30 MPG, mostly using 5th gear.
    Please understand: THIS IS NOT A DISTRESS SALE. On EBAY, it recently brought a high bid of $5,500, but that did not meet our reserve. If you research SAMURAIs, you will find a very few in this condition, and they are going for a lot more. So I thought some of our members might be interested, or know someone who might be. Our motorhoming days are over, and the motorhome and this lifeboat will have to go.

CAR FAX is available.
    PLEASE NOTE: PICTURES WILL BE AVAILABLE VIA EMAIL 5/16/14 PM PLEASE CONTACT ME AT--
    theclubworks@embarqmail.com with request/address

For those readers who are curious about mileage: this vehicle was registered in Arkansas for its total life until I bought it in 2009. It was exempted from odometer reporting in 2002 by the Arkansas Motor Vehicle Dept. Mileage at that time was 54,345. So. the first ten years of its life it averaged 5400 miles per year. When it was turned over to me, and registered in Florida, the FL Motor Vehicle registration office retained the odometer reporting exemption, but I recorded the odometer, at about 111,700, after the return trip to pick it up in Arkansas.[~600 miles]

Once again I apologize for forgetting the rules: The asking price is $8000.00

Last edited:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a Samurai back in the late 90's. Love it, miss it, mad as hell that I let it go. You couldn't kill it or sink it. Would love to have another one.

Coincidentaly, wife and I were over in Mobile last Saturday and insaw one in a parking lot. Lift kit, perfect size tires, clean as a whistle, got me missing mine.

GLWS, if I hadn't just bought my truck I would be extremely interested.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just noticed this one has AC. Kinda rare. Mine had it too and its a dealer ad-on like the old aftermarket under dash units in the 60s. Mine would get the inside meat locker cold and it had the soft top.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just out of curiosity how would one document towed miles on a title? Say someone bought it and resold it a year or so later. They would be getting NADA values on odometer reading or is there a Line item for that ?

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    a seasoned eye can tell if its been towed or drove......it just takes time, longer than just looking
    in various places. that's one of the few things my brother can do very well.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm sure there is a difference between towed and driven milea but for the record mine had over 150K and ran like a Swiss watch when I sold it.

schavey

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seanpcola--You got that right! You can't Kill it [but I have never tried to sink it]. It is one tough mini-jeep, and a hellova lot more fun. Thanks for your report.

Dave S.

schavey

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ...............................And if I had not painted the word picture, would you have criticized me??

Pictures are now available via email

schavey

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After a lot of research for available Samurai, NADA book numbers do not seem connected to the market at all. Demand for unusually good specimens is high, and supply is somewhat low.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After a lot of research for available Samurai, NADA book numbers do not seem connected to the market at all. Demand for unusually good specimens is high, and supply is somewhat low.

I am not sure of what you're missing here, the rules state that you must list an asking price for the vehicle that you've listed.

What is your asking price?

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    ...............................And if I had not painted the word picture, would you have criticized me??

Pictures are now available via email

it was a very nicely painted word picture. i can picture it in my head but the caveman in me wants to picture it in my eyes. im not in the running just interested in 4x4s. glws!

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom