• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OTTE*DA*WORM

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had some damage to the windshield of my wife's vehicle and decided to go ahead and see what it would cost to replace. I went to Lloyd's Glass on Palafox and talked to Ian and showed him what I had. He told me it would definitely need to be replaced. I told him I had Geico Insurance, and he helped me to file a glass claim right then and there. They had my windshield in stock, and after answering a few questions with my insurance company, Robert took my keys and got right on the replacement glass. While I waited, I talked about guns with Ian and talked with JR about running. I could have sat there all day talking with those guys, however, Robert was finished pretty quickly. I have always recommended Lloyd's to customers at the shop I work for, as well as they come and do all of the glass work at our shop, but this was the first time I needed work done on a personal vehicle. If anybody needs glass work done, whether your vehicle or your home, get with Lloyd's. O*D*W

P.S.

I even got my free box of steaks. :hungry:

Bruiser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice.. Geico had me use Safelite to replace my windshield on my 2500 Duramax. It looked good but apparently they didnt seal it properly b/c first good rain, my head liner was soaked. They had to replace it for me.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice.. Geico had me use Safelite to replace my windshield on my 2500 Duramax. It looked good but apparently they didnt seal it properly b/c first good rain, my head liner was soaked. They had to replace it for me.

It's your choice who to use. They may have recomended them. But you can use who ever you want. With that said, I am still waiting on Ian to call me back to reschedule my apt with them.

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have been lucky so far on my windshield needs, but when I do need one I am going to see Ian as well. If I hear another story about a box of free steaks though, I may be taking some target practice with my slingshot. Allstate, I never said that!

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had some damage to the windshield of my wife's vehicle and decided to go ahead and see what it would cost to replace. I went to Lloyd's Glass on Palafox and talked to Ian and showed him what I had. He told me it would definitely need to be replaced. I told him I had Geico Insurance, and he helped me to file a glass claim right then and there. They had my windshield in stock, and after answering a few questions with my insurance company, Robert took my keys and got right on the replacement glass. While I waited, I talked about guns with Ian and talked with JR about running. I could have sat there all day talking with those guys, however, Robert was finished pretty quickly. I have always recommended Lloyd's to customers at the shop I work for, as well as they come and do all of the glass work at our shop, but this was the first time I needed work done on a personal vehicle. If anybody needs glass work done, whether your vehicle or your home, get with Lloyd's. O*D*W

P.S.

I even got my free box of steaks. :hungry:

Good talking with you this morning and thank you! Lets get you an AR put together and get that AK taken apart... in an hours discussion we had you building an AR, getting a .22 upper, and refinishing the AK, time well spent :D.

It's your choice who to use. They may have recomended them. But you can use who ever you want. With that said, I am still waiting on Ian to call me back to reschedule my apt with them.

Sorry! Our technologically advanced phone system seems to be screening my calls now. We will see you friday!

I have been lucky so far on my windshield needs, but when I do need one I am going to see Ian as well. If I hear another story about a box of free steaks though, I may be taking some target practice with my slingshot. Allstate, I never said that!

Too much longer with this damn construction on 10 and I am going to need another paint job and a new windshield too!

Go on with that sling shot... I wont tell :tape:

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Yes, auto glass is fickle. I did auto glass for 7 yrs, took pride in making sure they were sealed. Meaning if any leaked, I'd fix it for free and not the just the winshield can leak. If one leaked, the first thing I ask is , "does it leak sitting still or just when you drive". The answer makes a difference. It got to a point when folks would bring in leaks, even if we didn't put the glass in. The most freaky one was a guy came in with water in his front floor, swore the windshield was leaking.

As usual, I asked the question and he said only when he'd driving. So after checking the heater core( half the time, water in the front floor is the heater core) and the front of the headliner( dry, no signs of water damage), I told him the next time it rained, come in and we'd go for a ride. So he did and we did,,,,while he drove I looked for the leak. After climbing all over his car and checking every lite, I found it( when not raining, you can use smoke[like from a cig] to find a leak). Here's what was happening: The back glass was leaking, but when driving, the air was pushing it inside( anyone who drives a PU truck with the back window that opens knows that when you drive, air pushes in back). The water was coming in, going up along the roof, under the headliner and down on top of the windshield and around it and onto the floor. After that, nothing surprises me.

Btw, I also had a windshield replaced there, in my Trail Blazer. Met Ian ( probably met JJ, but didn't know who he was), got the steaks....

The only thing, the waiting room should have a pole dancer, lap dances and drinks,,,,lol (jk)

Top Bottom