Texas & Oklahoma to the SEC ??????

DixieReb

Conservative American
GCGF Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of rumors and talk going around in the sports world. Looks like there’s a good probability that TX and OK will be joining the SEC.
Where there’s smoke there is fire. I believe it’s going to happen. I understand that A&M is against it. It’s all a money thing, the Longhorns and the Sooners want a bigger paycheck and know that the SEC is the strongest and biggest money maker. Looks like college football is headed down the road to super conferences with just 4 or possibly just 3 major conferences in the next couple of years. The SEC may possibly add even more teams, I’ve been watching this very closely for a couple of days now.
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Gingershooter

Marksman
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I think it's more of recruiting then paychecks when it comes to schools, now for players it's all about the sec because that comes with a bigger paycheck

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
GCGF Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TX is a has been. It’s been a few decades since they were relevant in any major sport. Yeah they have some old money fans but they have not targeted younger fans like the SEC schools have. The SEC has a lot to offer but TX doesn’t return the favor. OK could offer something to the SEC. They have been relevant in the final four in football yearly. The push for female sports factors in to Oklahoma's relevance. The woman’s college World Series had great ratings as far as viewers this past year and they were able to take the win. SEC commissioner Sankey is a money making machine. He is a CEO that seems to understand fanbases

Gingershooter

Marksman
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
TX is a has been. It’s been a few decades since they were relevant in any major sport. Yeah they have some old money fans but they have not targeted younger fans like the SEC schools have. The SEC has a lot to offer but TX doesn’t return the favor. OK could offer something to the SEC. They have been relevant in the final four in football yearly. The push for female sports factors in to Oklahoma's relevance. The woman’s college World Series had great ratings as far as viewers this past year and they were able to take the win. SEC commissioner Sankey is a money making machine. He is a CEO that seems to understand fanbases
Few decades?

DixieReb

Conservative American
GCGF Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that Oklahoma State is real upset about this, they want to throw a kink in this as they feel like they should be in the same conference with their big brother Oklahoma, rumors circulating that the OK governor may intervene but I don’t believe the guv can stop OK from bailing out on the Big 12. This conference expansion for the SEC is going to flip college football upside down. It will be felt nation wide in college athletics. I know with this being a gulf coast forum that there’s probably lots of Florida State fans on here, this will affect the ACC too, I bet they are scrambling right now to see what schools of any significance they could lure to the ACC. As I recall when the SEC expanded in the past, talks with and an offer was presented to FL State but Bobby Bowden wanted no part of the SEC, Bobby said it would be too difficult to win a national championship there. Hate to hear that Bobby’s health is not good, always liked him....

Gingershooter

Marksman
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yeah maybe that was an exaggeration it’s more like 13 years since they have been in the mix. I’m sure this year will be different. Did someone mention Florida State?
Ha it's all good I'm a Texas fan I'm use to talking about the good ole days with Mac Brown

stage20

Master
GCGF Supporter
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I think it's more of recruiting then paychecks when it comes to schools, now for players it's all about the sec because that comes with a bigger paycheck
Hey now. Those college players aren't supposed to get paid......

I've never seen an Oklahoma in the southeast.

Latest posts

Sponsors

Holsters
3rd Coast
Top Bottom