• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He wouldn't go wrong with a 856 or a 605 Taurus for sure!!!! Any one who talks sh!t hasn't shot one. Fine side arms nothing wrong with either model!!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IDK, now it seems like I'm coming into an abundance of 38 special, he may just end up with a revolver, lol!
    take your $300 and let your grandson pitch in the extra $200 and get the FN reflex! When you take him shopping report back lol

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Taurus PT 92 are the Beretta licensed clone of the Beretta 92. I bought 1 new and another one used. Never had a problem out of either of them.
    Edit to add the Beretta magazines just need the mag catch hole enlarged to make them work in the Tarus PT92
    I’ve got a few of them I’ve modified to work in my PT92 most are old military issued

Last edited:

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Look for the American made Taurus models made in bainbridge, GA. Excellent quality and quality control since the change in senior management at Taurus several years ago. Quality guns and excellent value. I own several, all trouble free. Stay away from the pre-2017 or so’s like the old millennium lineup. Good to go on anything new production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Get a pd trade in glock or mp and you get better quality and aftermarket support. Won't own one due to issues I've personally had and seen a brand new Taurus g2 have the extractor fly off on the range. Kind of entertaining hunting for it. Now mind you it did keep shooting but still.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I have an 856 ultra light that's been flawless. My dad & I both had raging bulls that were also flawless. I don't do Glock, if I'm gonna pick up something used it will be an HK, or I could give him one of mine.

buckeyejoe

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Grandson turns 21 next birthday and I'm gonna give him a pistol. Personally I'm not a striker fired guy, but he might like them. I don't want to buy him a compact, I feel like a full size is more conducive for learning fundamentals. I learned the hard way about buying a nice pistol as a 1st for my son, much like buying your 16 year old a nice new 1st car.
    So with all that, I'm down to either a Taurus G3 or a TH9. I want it to be new. They'll end up with my HKs, when they pry them from my dead cold hands, and I'm not dead yet, lol
    Anyone have either? Looking at reviews they're reliable, and the only real complaints are the triggers aren't the greatest.
    I just bought one and you can't use a hollow point to place the first bullet in the chamber when you pull back at jams it has to be a smooth point very annoying and frustrating but I just use my first bullet as a smooth point and then I have hollow points after that

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just bought one and you can't use a hollow point to place the first bullet in the chamber when you pull back at jams it has to be a smooth point very annoying and frustrating but I just use my first bullet as a smooth point and then I have hollow points after that
    Can we get some pics of the jamming? Sucks that a new gun has issues. I've heard Taurus customer service is good and are happy to bring one in for warranty work and repair or replace them. Maybe give them a email.

Top Bottom