• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Romanian SKS with forestock split on one side. Other than the split stock, somewhere between good and very good condition. - $450 in Tallahassee

Receiver, bolt carrier, bolt, dust cover, magazine, and trigger guard numbers all match. Numbers on the gas tube are unreadable to me (very large, very faint, scratches) but don't appear to match and the number on the operating rod clearly doesn't match. The appearance of the wood on the gas tube is identical to the appearance of other wood present, however. The non-matching numbers are all internal. They do not "show" on the fully assembled gun, and BELIEVE ME... an SKS doesn't care about numbers.

I am a curio and relics licensee and am required to record your drivers license information, etc. I can sell to residents of AL or GA but since paperwork requirements differ slightly I need to know if you are a resident of a state other than FL in advance.

The first unequivocal "I'll buy it" by a qualified byer, gets it.

NOTE: The split can probably be glued and clamped with no problem. I've just never bothered in the 20 years or more that I've owned this SKS.

RomanianSKS_RightSide.jpg

RomanianSKS_LeftSide.jpg
    RomanianSKS_StockSplit.jpg

Last edited:

blackhawk

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since when does a C and R require a driver's license of the person you sell a gun too? C and R is only for personal collectors and has no provisions for sales. Just curious

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

xin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since when does a C and R require a driver's license of the person you sell a gun too? C and R is only for personal collectors and has no provisions for sales. Just curious

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Since for at least all of the 20 or more years that I've had this kind of license, and, I'm pretty sure, as long as C&R licenses have existed. All sales of curios and relics by an 03/C&R licensee must be recorded in the licensee's bound book, to include even C&R firearms acquired before receiving the license.

and...

There are layers to ATF's regulation, like an onion. The actual format of the bound book specified by ATF includes column headings and blank spaces in which to write the buyer's name, birth date, and driver's license number... all directly verified from the driver's license.​

Last edited:
    Top Bottom