APOD Firearms

Talking Turkey - anyone score on Opening Weekend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hunted only Saturday - was supposed to be a nice day - woke up at camp to light rain and stayed that way all day. Went to a couple of spots that had birds all deer season - but nothing was gobbling...at least for me. Had two jakes wander the edge of a big food plot late in the afternoon, had one bird fly to roost behind and not much else. With Sunday's forecast so ugly packed it in and will try again next weekend.

How did you do? Success and Pics or no?

T140

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    First time going for me, but with same results. Setup where I had seen birds all during hunting season but I didn't hear the first sound.

tradgear

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went over to Perdido WMA yesterday morning (3-19). I didn't hear or see anything at my first spot. Then I made a move to a spot that has taller trees. They have done a lot of logging to thin the place out. At the second spot I got a gobbler to respond three different times. He was definitely not burning up. I could tell he was moving away but it was to thick to move on him. I can't go again until Saturday. I will start at that spot and see how it goes.

Top Bottom