• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was in the shower and my daughter (6) came in and said dad some guy took a picture of me out the window. She just got up from a nap and was just looking out her bedroom window like little kids do. My wife came in and said yeah some kid was out there taking pictures with a camera. She looked on the security camera and confirmed. I got out and ran in the direction he went over to the neighborhood next to us. Can’t just drive straight where he went so had to walk. I finally located him as he was going into his house. I knocked on the door and asked him and he denied taking pics of my house and claimed he took a picture of a cat in my yard but the pictures were blurry so he deleted them. He showed me the pictures on his camera and I did not see any of my house or kid but that doesn’t mean they aren’t on the cloud. He denies seeing my kid and sticks to taking pictures of the cat. I left it there and told him please don’t take anymore pictures of my house or kids.

After getting home I was able to actually look at the footage and the kids was full of it. He took a picture of my house and then did a thumbs up towards my kids window. He started to walk away and then looked back and saw her or my wife again and stopped and took more pictures. Also, he came from his neighborhood and did not go past my house, took his pictures, and then went straight back to his neighborhood.

Kid is probably in high school and I was very cordial with him and took him at his word. Now after the fact and seeing the full story and that he obviously saw my kid and gave her a thumbs up and the fact he deleted all the pics I am concerned. Now that I’m thinking about it, I never told him what house it was before he started denying it and talking about the cat, which was in my yard. But he knew what house before I even told him which means he obviously knew what I was talking about. I did not want to lose him so I hate I had to rush before I had all the info and I hate I did not ask to speak to his parents.

With that info, what would you do? What can you do? Can he take pics of my kids in their room from the street like that?
    76702FFD-3A32-45DC-9413-3BDB220D89BB.png
    5FBAC79D-605C-40DA-BDB5-C68CB2C021C4.png
    B30DE1D1-7D5A-4DF9-872E-97274642B196.jpeg

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here you can see him focus on my house then swing towards my kids window and then do a thumbs up in the same direction.
    31522147-DC9F-4DC0-8C83-F7176C457608.png
    1008C0EC-4130-4152-814C-F4D08EA62C00.png
    209C1B57-7FAB-427B-8D09-58204A2AC1B5.png

Taxesar3theft

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not sure what I'd do but I'm pretty positive I'd be in jail or at bare minimum having a serious talk with his parents..... John Dutton his behind

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was in the shower and my daughter (6) came in and said dad some guy took a picture of me out the window. She just got up from a nap and was just looking out her bedroom window like little kids do. My wife came in and said yeah some kid was out there taking pictures with a camera. She looked on the security camera and confirmed. I got out and ran in the direction he went over to the neighborhood next to us. Can’t just drive straight where he went so had to walk. I finally located him as he was going into his house. I knocked on the door and asked him and he denied taking pics of my house and claimed he took a picture of a cat in my yard but the pictures were blurry so he deleted them. He showed me the pictures on his camera and I did not see any of my house or kid but that doesn’t mean they aren’t on the cloud. He denies seeing my kid and sticks to taking pictures of the cat. I left it there and told him please don’t take anymore pictures of my house or kids.

After getting home I was able to actually look at the footage and the kids was full of it. He took a picture of my house and then did a thumbs up towards my kids window. He started to walk away and then looked back and saw her or my wife again and stopped and took more pictures. Also, he came from his neighborhood and did not go past my house, took his pictures, and then went straight back to his neighborhood.

Kid is probably in high school and I was very cordial with him and took him at his word. Now after the fact and seeing the full story and that he obviously saw my kid and gave her a thumbs up and the fact he deleted all the pics I am concerned. Now that I’m thinking about it, I never told him what house it was before he started denying it and talking about the cat, which was in my yard. But he knew what house before I even told him which means he obviously knew what I was talking about. I did not want to lose him so I hate I had to rush before I had all the info and I hate I did not ask to speak to his parents.

With that info, what would you do? What can you do? Can he take pics of my kids in their room from the street like that? View attachment 202809 View attachment 202810 View attachment 202811 , Right of way, etc) he can photograph anything he can see from there as a first amendment protected activity.

Certainly not an attorney but I believe that as long as he is on public property (street, sidewalk, right of way, etc) he can photograph anything he can see as a protected first amendment activity.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Certainly not an attorney but I believe that as long as he is on public property (street, sidewalk, right of way, etc) he can photograph anything he can see as a protected first amendment activity.
    I get that but he was taking pictures of private property even though he was on public. Then came on private and took another picture. The one pic I posted of him he is touching my fence and had his foot in my grass so technically in my yard at that point.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I get that but he was taking pictures of private property even though he was on public. Then came on private and took another picture. The one pic I posted of him he is touching my fence and had his foot in my grass so technically in my yard at that point.
    The way I understand it is he can take pictures of private property from public. Going on to private property without permission is not allowed. Again, I am not an attorney so keep that in mind.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    google can drive by and take pics of your house and post them to googlemaps....as long as they stay on the public street. they cant come down my private drive and take a picture of my house. sounds like you dont have much of a case as it now stands. train your kids to keep the drapes closed and be vigilant. i totally understand your concern.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah from what I can find online it is legal to photograph private from public. Even interior photos as long as it can be seen from the public. I grew up on a private dirt road and I don’t like living in the city. Where I grew up he would’ve been trespassing and it’s hard to transition from that mindset

lettheairout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd take all the photos and go talk to his parents. Talk to a few neighbors that have kids n see if they have cameras on their houses.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd take all the photos and go talk to his parents. Talk to a few neighbors that have kids n see if they have cameras on their houses.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I was thinking that too. I am the only house in the neighborhood with kids that has any more than a ring doorbell if that. It’s weird that people don’t have more cameras with how cheap they are these days. Mine obviously shows enough detail to see what’s happening and they are less than $50 each.

I think I’m going to leave it alone for now and just save the evidence. He knows I know who he is and I told him very firmly and clearly that I did not like what he did. I know where he lives and if he pops up on my radar again I will make sure to escalate to the next level. I am going to leave it at a dumb teenager got a camera for Christmas and made a mistake that hopefully me tracking him down and making contact makes him think twice about what he is doing.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I forget the exact percentage but it's some super high percentage of attackers and rapists that know their victim personally so you need to talk to your kid and figure out if she knows this kid and where she knows him from and to avoid that place. And I would absolutely file a complaint. That kid was on your private property and you have video proof. Call the cops to your house. That proof is all the cops need to file trespassing against him, on the spot. Go to his house, you get him trespassed, keep that case number on that business card the cop will hand you and if the kid does it again within x amount of months then he goes to jail. There's no need to talk to his parents to get him trespassed. It's between you, him and the cops.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Probably won't get him on trespassing but I would be concerned this dude is a pedophile or is sharing the pictures with one. There are some sickos out there, I just don't trust anything. And he could be autistic and like cats. Gave her a thumbs up when he saw her. Might be a good kid. MIGHT BE.
    You could leave it alone and have more issues or you could get parents and cops involved and have other issues. Broken windows, house egged, etc.
    World makes me paranoid.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom