• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Bought a lil snubski 357 /5 shot for summer time CC shorts and t shirt because my 2.5 python is a tad too big n heavy . The gun out of the box should have been cleaner and better oiled and the front sight pin driven flush but no big deal . This blaster weights 12 fookin oz empty ,i put 20 38 sp and 20 hornady 125 gr magnums through it and put all rounds into center mass at 10 feet . This thing is NO plinker with magnums ,its a use the front red sight like a red dot ,put it on the chest of the target at bad breath / get off me range and set it off . It hides quite well in my pocket driving and out and about in public ,i have a garrett iwb holster coming . One could calm /tame it using 38 sp ammo and larger grips but to me thats down grading its purpose . Recoil is pretty stout ....well REALLY STOUT but [pun] i can live with that .1250.00 at my lgs. You can see in the pictures the 340 next to a 2.5 python .......it makes the snake gun look like a monster

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      2 MB · Views: 15
    Last edited:

RVGuru

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    And that DAO trigger pull is no joke. But it’s a great little piece and will do exactly what it is designed to do. It’s been my go to for years.

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Prefer this one

Attachments

• IMG_7559.jpeg
      IMG_7559.jpeg
      2.5 MB · Views: 24

Bodhi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Told you recoil is not for the faint of heart….. I leave mine in the safe and tote my Colt Agent instead….with +P 38s and 20% greater capacity.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    I believe the Kimber comes in hammerless as well. The K 6 is 100% stainless steel. So Kimber is heavier than the S&W 340 PD which is an Airweight. The trigger on the 340 PD can be lightened with Apex springs if you like. So can the Kimber. They are both top of the line weapons. New for Kimber is a 6 shot 38 Spl. + P in airweight. Finding one is the challenge.

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I believe the Kimber comes in hammerless as well. The K 6 is 100% stainless steel. So Kimber is heavier than the S&W 340 PD which is an Airweight. The trigger on the 340 PD can be lightened with Apex springs if you like. So can the Kimber. They are both top of the line weapons. New for Kimber is a 6 shot 38 Spl. + P in airweight. Finding one is the challenge.
    trigger is fine for me

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    had one, to much for me. my 442 with .38 +P from underwood is my summer go to. speed loader in front pocket and a speed strip in a Galco 2+2+2 pouch on my belt...

2 speed loaders for me too and 20 rounds in the ready rack of the car which i guess i share now since the wife likes my python . The 340 is for self defense and nothing else , i know i can shoot well with it and probably if it gets fired again it is hopefully going to save my life .....i feel confident that i will put the first 2 shots on target and they will be full 357 magnum loads ...i will do my part and the ammo will do its part as intended .

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    38 and 357 LCR was hard to hang onto compared to a 642. I've always wanted one of the older blued PD with wood grips. I now have a LCR in 9mm but yet to shoot it.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    38 and 357 LCR was hard to hang onto compared to a 642. I've always wanted one of the older blued PD with wood grips. I now have a LCR in 9mm but yet to shoot it.
    some hot 147gr +P 9mm in moon clips?! heck yeah brother! I always wanted a S&W 940 for that very load... some day, some day...

Top Bottom