• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Incubation of up to three weeks, her family was in non-affected region of Congo, not the three hot beds that are still running commercial flights.
    Cudos to her actually, trend in west Africa is to pretend nothing is wrong until they start bleeding everywhere. Because anyone with a fever is sent to a isolation area. Honestly the best way to combat this is with early detection and treatment(damage control).
    I mean we could just not accept people flying out of connections from west Africa. Or maybe even quarintine them for three weeks.

Maybe we can possibly do something about the immigration problem as a whole also.
    And stop giving weapons and training to Islamic splinter cells.
    And tell Putin to stop invading countries next to Russia.
    While we are at it we could also work on an economy not based on federal cash advances.

Sent from a verizon plan I phone, maybe the NSA will take notes.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I didn't see it but my wife said the lady had relatives that had been to Africa.
    They better wake up and realize they are going to have to hurt somebody's feelings and be less than politically correct in order to protect the U.S.

But they aren't trying to protect the U.S. they are trying to destroy it.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think it's just a matter of time before Ebola spreads to other countries less prepared to handle it than the US and that's when it's going to get out of hand. Another health care worker in Texas has it now, tested positive. Have they been in isolation since they treated the Ebola patient that died? Sure hope so or Texas might have a serious problem, I pray they can keep it contained.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's a crappy situation that's for sure. Early stages are flu like and there is so much conflicting info out there or at least doctors and researchers not agreeing on the possibilities of it spreading. The CDC has been as useful as tits on a boar. It may sound selfish, but I don't really care if sealing off Africa will cause it to spread more there. Common sense tells me that if I don't allow people from a highly contagious area out of the area then the likelihood of it spreading outside that area are decreased.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Now where are the Katrina refugees going to go leaving mobile in droves to get away from ebola? I say fence the city in and let happen what is going to happen

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    " FrankT 2016" I can see the bumper stickers now, "A Hog in every Household!" you got my vote.

Just Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We're on the cusp of flu season, how are our medical professionals going to differentiate from anyone else that just has the flu versus Ebola. Our health care system will break down. Our smart health care will be overwhelmed by non Ebola patients that think their symptoms match their horoscopes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dave, your right.
    Liberia was dealing with that by forcing everyone with symptoms into isolation zones. Probably a reason the numbers were so high there. I think the reason the mortality rates are growing so fast is because their medical personnel are being hit the hardest. Two sides to every coin.

And to the numbers of Ebola victims vs suicide due to PTSD, suicide isn't contagious. Nor is it likley to threaten my sons life.
    I've lost close friends to suicide, I don't think it was PTSD but I feel it was due to an experience(or string of) during our service. However he also didn't get on a plane and travel across the country while on a "self monitoring" system.
    At the least this is an example and highlight at how thoroughly organizations can drop a ball. But I think More people will die avoidable deaths. And that frustrates me the most.

bcp280z

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Call me an asshole, but I think it's all a hoax. Something to worry and distract the general public with. Fear mongering. Next they'll be offering vaccines for the masses. Except the vaccines will have mal effects.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Rich and Frank, I would have expected more from you two. We've lost more vets due to suicide as a result of PTSD than Ebola.

But wait... >>> look over there! Something shiny...

Dave, believe me I know about the suicide rate lost one of my old soldier medics to a suicide a few months after we got back from Afghanistan. He went to the behavioral health clinic and they told him it would be not until March before they would see him, and this was October. They also refused to send him to a civilian doc. I ran into the same timeframe when I went. Fort drum has since gone under a massive overhaul of their BH clinic.

On the Ebola note, why bring a disease to a country where it has never been before except in labs? Why let our people die over something preventable?

Just Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rich and Frank, I would have expected more from you two. We've lost more vets due to suicide as a result of PTSD than Ebola.

But wait... >>> look over there! Something shiny...

Dave, believe me I know about the suicide rate lost one of my old soldier medics to a suicide a few months after we got back from Afghanistan. He went to the behavioral health clinic and they told him it would be not until March before they would see him, and this was October. They also refused to send him to a civilian doc. I ran into the same timeframe when I went. Fort drum has since gone under a massive overhaul of their BH clinic.

On the Ebola note, why bring a disease to a country where it has never been before except in labs? Why let our people die over something preventable?

Sorry to hear about your buddy. We feel your pain. It's just that the statistics today (read that as right now) we're not going to have an Ebola outbreak that will kill more people than influenza this year. Rich, you and I are both military medical and we know the biological threats. We're on the same team, we just need to focus.

Bringing Ebola to our country? Blame it on the CDC and our lackadaisical CIVILIAN health care administration. Everything is preventable unless you have a civilian/political retard in charge.

Just Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry to hear about your buddy. We feel your pain. It's just that the statistics today (read that as right now) we're not going to have an Ebola outbreak that will kill more people than influenza this year. Rich, you and I are both military medical and we know the biological threats. We're on the same team, we just need to focus.

Bringing Ebola to our country? Blame it on the CDC and our lackadaisical CIVILIAN health care administration. Everything is preventable unless you have a civilian/political retard in charge.

Meant "when" instead of "unless".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apples and oranges, so do car wrecks

Evidence buried in peer-reviewed medical journals provides support for the argument enterovirus D-68, or EV-D68, in the United States was a relatively rare disease. The EV-D68 epidemic occurred only after the surge this year of unaccompanied alien children illegally crossing the border from Latin America, a region where the virus is more prevalent among young children.

The CDC records nearly 700 people who have been diagnosed with the virus this year. Five children have died while infected.

As WND reported Tuesday, EV-D68, believed to cause polio-like paralysis in addition to flu symptoms, is widely suspected to have a direct connection to the Obama administration policy of placing across the U.S. tens of thousands of minors who have been allowed to enter without a health screening.

D-68 surge coincides with illegal aliens

The surge in EV D-68 in the U.S. became evident in mid-September when the CDC first reported it had reached epidemic levels in six U.S. states: Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky and Missouri.

The surge in unaccompanied minors was also evident in September, with the numbers jumping from 16,067 apprehended in Fiscal Year 2011 to 24,481 in FY 2012 and from 38,833 in FY 2013 to 47,017 in the first eight months of FY 2014.

Currently, a page on the CDC website dedicated to “Enterovirus D68 in the United States, 2014″ discloses, “The United States is currently experiencing a nationwide outbreak of enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) associated with severe respiratory illness.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/10/cdc-speaks-on-enterovirus-link-to-illegal-alien-kids/#h10ktPWBZGJXB0K2.99

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom