• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Due to the weather, we're going to have to cancel today's match. We'll try again on Saturday.

Parabellum...

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang weather!!! Was really looking forward to shooting today and seeing how practiscore works for our local club matches. Hopefully next week we'll get to shoot! Thanks for letting us know early jogan :)

Parabellum...

Parabellum...

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do we have a facebook group or need one to allow us to post match related information such as this? It could be a private group and then we'll have any posts come through on our facebook notifications. Maybe more shooters use facebook rather than GCGF? Plus we can all see who the other regular shooters/members of the group are. Here I'm not even sure who everyone that posts is. Just a thought...

Parabellum...

Parabellum...

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok I created a NWFDPS facebook group. It is a "Private" group so just send me a message with your email you use for facebook and I'll send an invitation to you to join the group. Once a member, you can send an invite to others as you see fit.

Parabellum...

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well, I am finally up. Glad to see you guys worked it out and cancelled. Nothing worse than getting out there and setting up everything and then you're deluged and slipping in red mud with a loaded firearm. Once match is cancelled, that match day is over-no rescheduling. Go to next match day - Saturday !! That's the beauty of our group's having TWO per month, unlike the other disciplines. Sunday's scenarios will stand in for next Saturday as well, so same stages, etc.

Regarding Facebook page: i just FINALLY got into Facebook. Thanks Parabellum for setting it up. I don't see (yet) how that's easier than just going to a thread on GCGF and seeing if there is a cancellation message. That way, if you're not a Facebook member, nor even signed up on GCGF, you can know if there is a cancellation. Some folks don't wish to sign up for anything and this is a good Anonymous tool. I can start posting stuff to Facebook too. We'll see.

Eddie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mike,

You can get notifications direct to you phone from FB. No need to login and look for a thread. See you Saturday.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    the email works just fine. If you can check your facebook page, you can check your email. Besides, facebook is where you post pictures of your dinner.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    For those of y'all with smartphones, if you use the tapatalk app, once you comment/subscribe to a thread you will receive notifications of updates on that thread. Just sayin

Parabellum...

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok. So I did send invites to all the people who messaged me with their email. You should hopefully have that invite to the group in your inbox or junkmail. I didn't see anyone join the "Secret" NWFLDPS group yet so hopefully you received the invite. We can try it and see if people prefer the updates like weather updates that way perhaps. I use tapatalk too and subscribe to the IDPA subsection of the forum so that does work for me but it still doesn't seem like everyone is using GCGF. Most people have facebook though.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got the invite, but it just takes me to a blank page. It must be SUPER secret written in invisible ink! I no longer have my decoder ring from the old cereal boxes ...

Parabellum...

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hmmm...well I didn't think it would be that secret lol. I'll try resend the invites and if it still doesn't work then maybe I'll change from Secret to private.

Top Bottom