• ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Last edited:

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Never had a two stage. Dont know anything about them.

Best way to explain it is a two stage you have a very light pull, hit a wall, then break.

Single stage is wall then break.

From what I've always been told, two stage is better for combat. Single stage is better for shooting paper. That said, don't feel locked to either way - they both can do both.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Ttag has tests using some kind of machine to actually measure what really happens when you pull it. Pretty good read. I'm prob just going to get the 140 cant be any worse than the gi crap I have now, without shooting a two stage or one of the improved singles it's hard to know what I would do better with. Bang head. If you have an extra let me know.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've got 3 of the larue MBT2S triggers as well as a Geissele 2 stage. After using a few of the junk single stage triggers that came in my lower parts kits, I tried out a larue 2 stage. It's hands down the best investment I've made on any of my AR platform builds. I tried out a Geissele and couldn't tell much of a difference between it and the Larues. If you've never tried one, bite the bullet and get one. Larue makes a hell of a nice crisp break on a trigger. They're affordable and worth every dollar. If you were closer to Gulf Breeze, FL I'd let you try one of mine. I would seriously get a Larue if I were you.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Ttag has tests using some kind of machine to actually measure what really happens when you pull it. Pretty good read. I'm prob just going to get the 140 cant be any worse than the gi crap I have now, without shooting a two stage or one of the improved singles it's hard to know what I would do better with. Bang head. If you have an extra let me know.

If you were much closer to me in Pensacola, I would certainly let you fire one of my ARs with the LaRue MBT-2S. I am confident that you would really like it. Also, at $80, whether you buy a 2-stage MBT-2S or a single-stage MBT-1S, you are getting a much better value and a much better product. To me, that makes sense.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Which Giessele are you comparing it to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I will say that I have a couple Geissele SSA-E triggers and the MBT-2S performs as good as they do. Of course, there are some Geissele lovers that will swear the opposite. In addition to the many MBT-2S triggers I have with curved bows, I also have one of the newer straight-bow MBT-2S triggers and I really like it.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Ok, yall sold me on it. MBT-2s it is. I'll start looking for a deal. Tks.

You do not have to look for a deal. They are on the LaRue Tactical website for $80. You will not get them anywhere else. Bear in mind, when LaRue first came out with these triggers a few years ago, they were nearly $250. Mark LaRue built a facility just for developing and producing these triggers and they stream-lined the process and brought their costs down considerably, thus passing on that savings to their customers. Right now, for $80, you will not find a better trigger.

Curved-bow MBT-2S
    https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

Straight-bow MBT-2S
    https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-straight-bow-trigger/

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Which Giessele are you comparing it to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The G2S. Honestly they both feel pretty much the same to me. They're both super clean and crisp. If I had to pick one as being the best, I'd go with the Geissele. But for $80, the MBT2S is hands down the best option when it comes down to getting your money's worth. I have the G2S in my favorite build and it gets shot a lot. I never get tired of the feel of that trigger. But again, it's not a significant difference between the two to the untrained shooter when comparing them side by side.

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Gonna go with the Larue MBT2S. Got it in my larue basket, just have to pry my wallet open. 87.50 shipped. Almost the same price as the barrel.

Imo the most important parts of a good build is the trigger, barrel and bcg (mainly the bolt). All the rest is all made from the same couple of manufacturers with a different stamp. What you are paying for mostly is the finish and the amount of QC done to the part.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Imo the most important parts of a good build is the trigger, barrel and bcg (mainly the bolt). All the rest is all made from the same couple of manufacturers with a different stamp. What you are paying for mostly is the finish and the amount of QC done to the part.

Every one of my builds gets a good 2 stage trigger and an aero or toolcraft nickel boron BCG. I won't skimp on those two. Also a magpul MOE+ or ergo grip just cause I like the rubberized texture and fitment, whichever one I find on sale at the time is the one I get.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very helpful thread. Thank you. Going to give one a try as well.

Top Bottom