Patriot Mobile

Suggestions on a lightweight 12ga auto loader, 20 inch barrel.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Have you looked at the panzer arms M4? 100% Benelli parts interchangeable, true clone. Great reviews. On my list after Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    oh they make the 18" also, better look again they are pretty nice looking for the price. View attachment 254697 View attachment 254698
    The 18” Stoeger is not threaded for chokes. I looked at sending one off and having it threaded but I forget where. Seems like it was less than $100 and was somebody that was recommended from here. I have a Stoeger with a 24” barrel and added a +5 extension but only have about 100 rounds through it. So far so good.
    IMG_3985.jpeg
    IMG_3985.jpeg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The 18” Stoeger is not threaded for chokes. I looked at sending one off and having it threaded but I forget where. Seems like it was less than $100 and was somebody that was recommended from here. I have a Stoeger with a 24” barrel and added a +5 extension but only have about 100 rounds through it. So far so good. View attachment 256291 View attachment 256291
    Place in Spanish fort does it. Chokes.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Finely chased down a piston with steel ring off ebay. Citadel will be back in service. Screwed around with legacy for months. No parts blah, blah. Gave up. As long as no 3 inch mags are run thru it should stay together, lol. Turdish shotguns. Lol.
    1000003273.jpg

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    One of my favorite shorty's Remingtom 1100 cut on both ends. 18.5 barrel / 32.5" overall
    20240227_160400.jpg

Last edited:

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Rem 1100, It was cut on both ends. I have no need for a choke for it's intended purpose, but I do shoot clays pretty successfully with it, but you have to be quick about it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Rem 1100, It was cut on both ends. I have no need for a choke for it's intended purpose, but I do shoot clays pretty successfully with it, but you have to be quick about it.
    The one I have has chokes. I've got the crow blasting turkey choke on it. Throws a great tight pattern with cheap shells. #7.5 *** when it works. Had a crow lined up. Pulled the trigger and the carriage released. No boom??? If it keeps up the nonsense it's gonna go to the next buy back. At least I'll recoup $100.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    I really like this one too, very light and it does have chokes, but i had to loc-tite them in or they shoot loose. It's a Turkey made Black Aces they were giving away awhile back. It shoots great with low and high
    20240227_163024.jpg
    brass

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I picked up a franchi affinity 3 last week. They are nice guns but I had never shot one. First time I held it the trigger was not where my Remington's are. Lol. After a couple of adjustments it feels really good and is light with a 28" barrel. A shorter version would save more weight. Balance is just about perfect can point it up at a clay one handed. All the weight seems to be right around the receiver area. Shot it most of the day. Inertia gas, so I could feel it a little more after 2 1/2 hours of shooting. It only had 3 rounds through it when I got it, I put 100 or so through it and not one hiccup.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    I picked up a franchi affinity 3 last week. They are nice guns but I had never shot one. First time I held it the trigger was not where my Remington's are. Lol. After a couple of adjustments it feels really good and is light with a 28" barrel. A shorter version would save more weight. Balance is just about perfect can point it up at a clay one handed. All the weight seems to be right around the receiver area. Shot it most of the day. Inertia gas, so I could feel it a little more after 2 1/2 hours of shooting. It only had 3 rounds through it when I got it, I put 100 or so through it and not one hiccup.
    I sold all my Trap and skeet 1100's when I bought my first Benelli, it was so much lighter, easier to shoot and better balanced. I also have a Franchi 48-AL (they are made by Benelli) in 28ga that is a pure pleasure to shoot.
    Franchi-AL48.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom