• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Longbow14

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any members out there today? I was teaching my friends how to shoot (poorly). Everyone from staff to fellow shooters were incredibly polite and helpful. Only complaint I had was another shootèr who was asked to leave, last place you want to get into a heated pissing match you know. It was handled quickly and professionally, I've now got three more people to split ammo with.

Longbow14

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Range was called cold but we weeny yet given permission to set targets or the like. This young man took cold as free to walk around the front to set the target, range officer called him back and gruffly informed him that he had not said we could set targets. This then escalated with plenty of F you'd and you can't tell me what to do's. at that point he was asked to leave.

Last edited:

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those range guys can sometimes catch a lot of flak... been to ranges that didn't have them a lot of the time and it was the wild wild west....match rather they be there

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was on the rifle range from about 2:30 til 4:45. Missed the action.
    They have plenty ammo, just about everything other than 22LR and 5.56/223.
    9mm FMJ $16.99 per 50

Longbow14

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    we started with rifle for an hour or two, than played around on pistols so figure the "action" was around 12:30-1ish, then moved over to teach my buddies how to look like they were shooting trap. so i think we just missed each other i headed out about 2:15-2:30.

T

tinman

Range was called cold but we weeny yet given permission to set targets or the like. This young man took cold as free to walk around the front to set the target, range officer called him back and gruffly informed him that he had not said we could set targets. This then escalated with plenty of F you'd and you can't tell me what to do's. at that point he was asked to leave.

Made a similar mistake myself the other week. Still a bit new to this, but hadn't paid attention (as I was packing to leave), range was cold, checked that everyone was away from the line, guns had already been checked as unloaded, people milling around, range master chatting to someone behind the stands, assumed incorrectly that i could get targets.

Doh. Before I could be told off, I apologised properly and promptly to the range master. Totally my fault. I had reasons for making the mistake, but at the end of the day, I made the mistake. I cannot imagine having an argument with the range master.

Top Bottom