APOD Firearms

stupid things the government says and does...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    so joe q public should pay for womens birth control? according to nancy and chuckie....sure a girl can afford $20 a month...

college "rape" on the rise? I doubt it, these boys today don't even look up from their iphones....

“Let me ask you a question. Do I have a right to place my wallet on the roof of my car, go into my house, have lunch, take a nap and return to my car and find my wallet just where I placed it? I think I have every right to do so, but the real question is whether it would be a wise decision. Some college women get stoned, use foul language and dance suggestively. I think they have a right to behave that way and not be raped or sexually assaulted. But just as in the example of my placing my wallet on the roof of my car, I’d ask whether it is wise behavior. Many of our problems, both at our institutions of higher learning and in the nation at large, stem from the fact that we’ve lost our moral compasses and there’s not a lot of interest in reclaiming them. As a matter of fact, most people don’t see our major problems as having anything to do with morality.”
    Walter Williams

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Harper Lee’s Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, “To Kill a Mockingbird,” was removed from a Mississippi school district lesson plan because the book’s language made some people feel uneasy.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/1...rd-because-it-makes-people-uncomfortable.html

gosh knows, we can't make people uncomfortable...

what happens when they study ww2 history about Nazis? that will make their heads blow off...

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trump Says He Met With the President of the Virgin Islands. But That's Him

President Trump appeared to forget that the U.S. Virgin Islands falls under his jurisdiction during a speech Friday.
    "I met with the president of the Virgin Islands," Trump said while speaking about a spate of natural disasters that have hit the U.S. and its territories in recent weeks at the annual Values Voter Summit.
    Trump could not have spoken to the president of the Virgin Islands because the president is Trump himself, since it's a U.S. territory.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Trump Says He Met With the President of the Virgin Islands. But That's Him

President Trump appeared to forget that the U.S. Virgin Islands falls under his jurisdiction during a speech Friday.
    "I met with the president of the Virgin Islands," Trump said while speaking about a spate of natural disasters that have hit the U.S. and its territories in recent weeks at the annual Values Voter Summit.
    Trump could not have spoken to the president of the Virgin Islands because the president is Trump himself, since it's a U.S. territory.

Looks like I might not be the only one who talks to themselves. With some of the guys I ran with in my teens it was the only way to have an intelligent conversation

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I talk to myself because I occasionally need advice from an expert.:whoo:

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    “I HATE EVERYONE IN THE WHITE HOUSE!”: TRUMP SEETHES AS ADVISERS FEAR THE PRESIDENT IS “UNRAVELING”

In recent days, I’ve spoken with a half dozen prominent Republicans and Trump advisers, and they all describe a White House in crisis as advisers struggle to contain a president who seems to be increasingly unfocused and consumed by dark moods. Trump’s ire is being fueled by his stalled legislative agenda and, to a surprising degree, by his decision last month to back the losing candidate Luther Strange in the Alabama Republican primary. “Alabama was a huge blow to his psyche,” a person close to Trump said. “He saw the cult of personality was broken.”

According to a source, Bannon has told people he thinks Trump has only a 30 percent chance of making it the full term.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    “They fear you because they understand you’ve had a belly full of it, and you’re taking your country back,” Bannon told social conservatives at the annual Value Voters Summit in Washington, D.C. “They understand you’re the transmission of the best values of the Judeo-Christian West.”

Bannon said “the populist, nationalist, conservative revolt that drove Judge Moore to victory, that will drive 15 candidates to victory in 2018” will also give Trump 400 electoral votes in 2020.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ke-on-mcconnell-entire-gop-establishment.html

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Author got "Vanity Fair" Net offshoot HIVE to bite! Lol. Vanity Fair, which lost a slander lawsuit to Roman Polanski in 2005 while still a U.S. Fugitive from Justice. Always anonymous sources, no confirmation. Trump endorsed Strange but said BEFORE the election: he would support whichever candidate won the election. Very hard to believe it has any impact on Trump. Dark mood! Hell, I'd be pissed at the rubber spined Republicans that rode Trumps coattails during the big election. Hopefully, they will all suffer badly in the next Republican primaries.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feds granting nearly 2 million work permits to illegal immigrants in 2017

The government will dole out nearly 2 million work permits this year to immigrants who for the most part came to the country illegally or have some other tentative status, but who have been granted a foothold in the U.S. thanks to a loose immigration policy, according to statistics released last week.

Almost all of those permits are discretionary, meaning the government could deny them if officials choose.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feds granting nearly 2 million work permits to illegal immigrants in 2017

The government will dole out nearly 2 million work permits this year to immigrants who for the most part came to the country illegally or have some other tentative status, but who have been granted a foothold in the U.S. thanks to a loose immigration policy, according to statistics released last week.
    Almost all of those permits are discretionary, meaning the government could deny them if officials choose.

Odd but not suprising, the attention grabbing headline does not match the Story. If a person has a immigration visa/work permit, they are not illegal aliens. The rest fall under Obama DACA with EAD Card: legal tentative status and subject to change. "Discretionary" is only what is allowed within current Law.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The article covers more than one topic. It discusses the work permits for illegals, then switches to the topic of simultaneously giving out 75 percent of high skill worker visas (H1—B) to Indian citizens. That's why that paragraph starts with the word “meanwhile “.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Definition of discretionary

1 :left to individual choice or judgment :exercised at one's own discretion discretionary powers

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Common definition is not the the Policy. Making judgements based on evidence and within the parameters of the Law is.

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume7-PartA-Chapter9.html

On your #152
    Stories lead paragraph:
    "The government will dole out nearly 2 million work permits this year to immigrants who for the most part came to the country illegally or have some other tentative status, but who have been granted a foothold in the U.S. thanks to a loose immigration policy, according to statistics released last week."

Nothing new here or News worthy: just fodder. Whats different from prior Administrations?

The article covers more than one topic. It discusses the work permits for illegals, then switches to the topic of simultaneously giving out 75 percent of high skill worker visas (H1—B) to Indian citizens. That's why that paragraph starts with the word “meanwhile “.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's the point.

So YOUR objective is to post meaningless crap in order to provoke a response and then argue after you are correctly informed?

There's a old saying that goes something like: You can try to lead a Ass to water but its difficult, if you get it there, it probably won't drink because its a Ass. " Sage wisdom with wide applications IMHO.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So YOUR objective is to post meaningless crap in order to provoke a response and then argue after you are correctly informed?

There's a old saying that goes something like: You can try to lead a Ass to water but its difficult, if you get it there, it probably won't drink because its a Ass. " Sage wisdom with wide applications IMHO.

If you cant understand these stories, I probably cant help you.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Marino out of consideration for White House drug czar

The congressman's withdrawal comes after a joint CBS "60 Minutes" and Washington Post report revealed that Marino took nearly $100,000 from the pharmaceutical lobby while sponsoring a bill that made it easier for drug companies to distribute opioids across American communities and thwart the Drug Enforcement Agency.

Top Bottom