• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sean, my next guess was that your dog dug it.
    Just trying to get a feel of what you will believe before I offer to sell you a Jennings at a STI price.

And . . . . . . yep,definately hog (NOT pig). I would come over and kill it but Ala has some downright silly game laws. --- SAWMAN

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I expect you are just lucky there was nothing there the piggys liked, like a corn field. I have seen them turn a 30 acre corn field into a dozer obsticle course in one night, holes 3-4 ft deep and 6-7 ft in diameter across the entire field. Took a dozer just to get a tractor back on my friend's field. They are incredible, very destructive. I literally chased the only one I have seen on my farm, flanked it, ambushed it and killed it, i would not allow that SOB to escape.

Never allow them them wild SOBs to get started on your place. 3 litters of 6 per year with breeding of sows in 6 months from birth. You can be up to your hip pockets in nasty infected hogs in one year. By the way, I have been told by several folks, meat processors in FL can not process hogs legally, without a vets health certificate. I never asked at Smith's in Darlington.
    Ed

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well that is a different story for sure, but you have more experiance than I. Reason I said been told, was not actually sure of my own knowledge.
    Ed

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well I should say wild game processors, USDA processors are only allowed to do farm pigs I believe but those are USDA rules nothing more. Maybe that is where your statement came from?? Heck I eat all the hogs I kill so never a problem for me and I will stop there as I process myself but others take theirs to wild game processors for a heck of a product..

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sean, my next guess was that your dog dug it.
    Just trying to get a feel of what you will believe before I offer to sell you a Jennings at a STI price.

And . . . . . . yep,definately hog (NOT pig). I would come over and kill it but Ala has some downright silly game laws. --- SAWMAN

I have no problem killing one but all I had on me the day I took those photos was an LCR in .357 and I never got closer to it than about 150 yards.

If I could get close enough I would run the bastard over with a skid steer or Tele handler.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sean why don't you just keep an AR in your truck?

I don't keep any firearm in my vehicles unattended, locked or not. I never know when I might have to go somewhere with someone else or something comes up. I sometimes bring one with me to the property because I have somewhere to lock it up. I didn't l ow I was going to be up there the day I took the pics. Once I'm back out there almost full time I'll start carrying one with me.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've always wanted to keep an AR in my truck but securing it has always been an issue. I recently made a modification to my truck that will allow me to securely store an AR in my truck in future. My only problem now is I work on Hurlburt and not sure how they would handle finding an AR hidden in the truck if they were to stop me for a spot inspection so I don't carry it with me, just don't want the hassle.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've always wanted to keep an AR in my truck but securing it has always been an issue. I recently made a modification to my truck that will allow me to securely store an AR in my truck in future. My only problem now is I work on Hurlburt and not sure how they would handle finding an AR hidden in the truck if they were to stop me for a spot inspection so I don't carry it with me, just don't want the hassle.

I don't know about current policis certainly, and no specifics about Eglin but I know a guy, retired AF veteran, that went on a base in GA, forgot he had his pistol in his car, got pulled over and is now a convicted felon.

bhudson

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Sounds like it's time for Florida to pass a law like Alabama did a few years back where you can have a firearm in your car whether your employer likes it or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Technically Hurlburt now allows you to bring a firearm on base such as a CCW for personal protection, I'm just not sure how they would react to an AR-15 hidden in a truck with a full 30 round mag! If I get a chance to talk to one of the security police on base I'll ask him the question and see what he says. I just don't want to get jacked up coming through the gate unnecessarily!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like it's time for Florida to pass a law like Alabama did a few years back where you can have a firearm in your car whether your employer likes it or not

Bases are Federal Reservations, State Law would not supercede Fed firearm restrictions. Since the Recruiting Station murders DOD has directed some changes to firearm carry for active duty and active reserve. From what I have read, Base/Unit Commanders have been given discretionary authority to implement changes that meet their security needs. I have not seen anything that changes firearm restrictions for my Local Bases.

Hurlburt Field New Policy:

http://www.hurlburt.af.mil/News/Art...w-privately-owned-firearms-policy-june-1.aspx

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The U.S. Army gets through a lot of ammunition thanks to the amount of training it carries out. But that ammunition doesn't come without waste which slowly degrades over hundreds of years polluting whatever ground (and nearby water sources) it happens to fall upon.
    So the Department of Defense (DoD) decided to do something about it, and is requesting environmentally friendly ammunition for use during training exercises.
    The request was made via the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program. Specifically, the DoD wants "biodegradable training ammunition loaded with specialized seeds to grow environmentally beneficial plants that eliminate ammunition debris and contaminants."
    The ammunition the DoD wants to replace with biodegradable alternatives includes "low velocity 40mm grenades; 60mm, 81mm, and 120mm mortars; shoulder launched munitions; 120mm tank rounds; and 155mm artillery rounds." There's also cartridge cases and sabot petals, which can either lay on the ground or end up buried beneath it.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't you just love A-Holes. I wonder if some people are just having a bad day or are they always that way.

Agree with that but also wonder if they were born that stupid or do they have to work at it...

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't you just love A-Holes. I wonder if some people are just having a bad day or are they always that way.

Its a good thing it's Friday and I got the Weekend to cool off before going to work on Monday. I've been known to be a bit of an arrogant bastard, but people amaze me with their God complex and how they treat people.

Top Bottom