• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    There's a nice 2016 XLT Lariat 4x4 Offroad quad cab at Frontier Motors for $50,000. I'll sell you my 2012 XLT Lariat 4x4 Offroad quad cab for half that
    I've made it 40 years without a Ford...ain't starting now. :cool:

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I’m really impressed at the amount of room in the Tundra, my buddy had one and it felt huge sitting in it just nice and roomy

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I’m really impressed at the amount of room in the Tundra, my buddy had one and it felt huge sitting in it just nice and roomy
    If it weren't for the subwoofer in my back seat I could throw down a good sized trucker sleeper cab mattress in F150 backseat. It's a redneck limo. Love my full size truck. This is my 4th F150. 5th if you count the old 460 F250 a while back. I was a diehard Ranger fan too. Half a dozen Rangers, a Sportrac and a Bronco II... then had a family and needed the room about the same time Ford axed the Ranger from the lineup. Don't see myself ever going back to anything smaller than a full size truck. Oh and before anybody has a Ford vs Chevy comment, I've owned several Chevy's too. A lifted Suburban literally saved me and my whole family in a T-bone collision at speed on 90. Chevy just don't make them like they used to, so that nixed me ever owning a newer Chevy. I will admit that I am leaning towards a Jeep Gladiator truck. The Gladiator is the only new small truck on the US market with a solid front axle... but what attracts me is the ginormous huge ground clearance in a Jeep with geared hubs

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1

Not heat stress that killed 10,000 cattle or bird flu killing 10s of millions of chickens and turkeys. Food processing plants dont just decide to all burn. Ships with 15,000 sheep just dont decide to sink and drown the sheep in Sudan. Think I need a box of 50 .22lr golden bullets for my only gun. AFT approved single shot .22 just my thoughts and no one else’s.

Attachments

• 6ABB9C4A-C9FD-400B-8EDA-CD98413B8BFE.jpeg
      6ABB9C4A-C9FD-400B-8EDA-CD98413B8BFE.jpeg
      192.3 KB · Views: 66
    • 4CDC7276-C044-4E1A-90DA-6E31E440E109.jpeg
      4CDC7276-C044-4E1A-90DA-6E31E440E109.jpeg
      76.5 KB · Views: 59

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I wonder what my electric bill will be this month. Im keeping the house set warmer than I normally would, but its a little warm.

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 12.45.16 PM.png

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Order out of chaos. Gas prices will go down and food will return to shelves magically just in time for Obiden to be the election season savior
    I don't think so. I think gas, oil and other industry prices are being kelp High to get rid of the Democrats in November. Industry is tired of the regulations

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 10.21.19 PM.png

Our AC went out this afternoon, May end up spending tomorrow at a friends house till we can call a repairman on Monday.

This house is 1 year old..... SMH

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    We moved in at the beginning of June last year - Builder is the first person Im calling tomorrow morning and Monday morning.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    View attachment 170595

Our AC went out this afternoon, May end up spending tomorrow at a friends house till we can call a repairman on Monday.

Depending on how long you need to use that portable, it might be worth modifying it to dual hose.
    The single hose design has problems. That output of airflow from the house has to be replaced. Even in a new home with good window, door, and a/c vent seals, there are crevices. Attic air, under the house air, or outside air: one of those places will supply the “replacement air” for the stuff being pumped out the window through that hose.

That’s why those portables won’t cool the whole house; just one room if lucky. And it’s actually making the other spaces Hotter over time, since they’re getting outside air pulled in the house.

Here’s one place that explains it with pictures:

There are plenty of videos and articles on the DIY, if you google “portable A/C single to dual hose conversion”.

Best of luck with the quick fix. :/

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I have another of those portables in storage in Crestview, yours free to use
    I appreciate it, but our portable unit is keeping the master cool. Neither my wife or I grew up with central air, so it's not the end of the world.

Not comfortable to have the rest of the house in the 80s, but hopefully its fixed soon.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    View attachment 170595

Update: The builder warranty was up the first week of June, so since we have been in the house a year and a week, we are on the hook for repairs. The Parts will be under warranty from the mfg, but we get to pay for labor.

The company that installed everything won't be able to come out till Wednesday.

Called a different company and they should be out tomorrow morning. :)

Defiantly a reminder to be thankful to be living in America with all the creature comforts.

Top Bottom