• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Since the victim wasn't wearing a deer costume while acting like a deer during deer season, then the killer should be charged with manslaughter, or whatever the appropriate charge that covers his lethal level of arrogant stupidity.

What a waste.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Since the victim wasn't wearing a deer costume while acting like a deer during deer season, then the killer should be charged with manslaughter, or whatever the appropriate charge that covers his lethal level of arrogant stupidity.

What a waste.
    No hunter orange as was required, not so sure he can be charged. Yes ID your target!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    to pull the trigger on something you don't know is a game animal, is the action of a fool ..not to mention, the deceased should have had hunting colors on also..there is a reason bright orange is used, so you don't get a .30 bullet in the chest

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    No hunter orange as was required, not so sure he can be charged. Yes ID your target!

I find it difficult to believe that there is a bright-orange government mandated dress code to be able to walk on public land.

The blaze orange should be to help other hunters see you when they scan the background downrange from their target. It should NOT be the only reason some irresponsible jackass doesn't mistake you for a completely different species.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I find it difficult to believe that there is a bright-orange government mandated dress code to be able to walk on public land.

The blaze orange should be to help other hunters see you when they scan the background downrange from their target. It should NOT be the only reason some irresponsible jackass doesn't mistake you for a completely different species.

It is required here and should be mandatory everywhere there are hunters on public land

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Unless the regulations have changed only hunters are required to wear orange. Hikers on any of the trails should also be required to wear orange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I guess I have a different perspective.

Instead of making everyone wear safety gear, perhaps we should just hold the people responsible for flagrant misuse of a weapon.

If you are the type of person who will shoot at anything that moves, then you are the type of person who needs to be removed from society for awhile.

ID your target and reccy the backstop, or don't pull the trigger.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I should of added wear orange because of the idiots who will shoot at movement before identifying what they are shooting at
    I agree that if you shoot someone and try to claim it was an accident because you thought it was a deer then you should be charged with manslaughter at the very least

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I should of added wear orange because of the idiots who will shoot at movement before identifying what they are shooting at
    I agree that if you shoot someone and try to claim it was an accident because you thought it was a deer then you should be charged with manslaughter at the very least

I often wonder if there is more to the story.... like a hot wife with a huge life insurance policy. I always wear my orange hat to and from the stand.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Shooting another hunter should be a minimum of manslaughter. Your negligence caused another human to lose their life. I find stories like this just stupid but they will still keep happening until they make the shooters liable. These guys who shoot at the first sign of movement without identifying their target have no reason to stop when they are never charged with a crime. Crap like this is why I'm hesitant to hunt on Public land even though I always where my hunter orange if I do.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That State required 50% hunter orange covering. The victim wasn't wearing it at the time. He might have been without it or stopped hunting and removed it when heading out. Hunter Orange or not, the shooter did not ID what he then shot at. Hikers and bird watcher aren't required to wear orange during hunting season. There's no excuse for the shooters actions and "sorry" doesn't cover it.

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Top Bottom