• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    John you got it. Jimmy's is like that, everyone working there is packing, you walk in loaded, pull it out and wave around you will be shot! It is for your own safety as much as security and common sense. They request you to unload before coming in.

Fletch

Master
    You can't imagine how many idiots walk into shops to trade or for repair and lay a loaded gun on the counter after covering everyone with it.

Sad but true and one of the reasons I lean towards requiring more education and demonstrated gun handling competency to obtain and renew a carry permit. Sadly I've seen more bad gun handling than good and some of it by former and active duty military folks. The idea that because someone was in any branch of the military they should be exempt from concealed carry training is ludicrous. Even if they have the safe handling part down, carrying as a private citizen is a whole other ball of wax and involves issues that would not have been covered in basic firearms training in the service.

ARgument

Shooter
    Gave up my permit some years ago... if i need to use a gun i'll deal with it later... too much info for pussy people...

Seanpcola

You can't imagine how many idiots walk into shops to trade or for repair and lay a loaded gun on the counter after covering everyone with it.

Only once have I pulled my loaded CCW inside a gun store. I was thinking about buying something new and the guy behind the counter asked to see my pistol as we were discussing trades. I said "OK, I'm going to pull it out,.drop the mag, rack it back, lock and hand to you". He responded "OK", so I did so, slowly, deliberately, carefully and non threateningly. Seemed a little weird but I sure as hell didn't want any miscommunications. LOL

Sad but true and one of the reasons I lean towards requiring more education and demonstrated gun handling competency to obtain and renew a carry permit. Sadly I've seen more bad gun handling than good and some of it by former and active duty military folks. The idea that because someone was in any branch of the military they should be exempt from concealed carry training is ludicrous. Even if they have the safe handling part down, carrying as a private citizen is a whole other ball of wax and involves issues that would not have been covered in basic firearms training in the service.

Do you feel that applies to the civilians that go through a few hours of class time and a box of ammo or less, as well?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom