• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unless you enjoy eating bugs, stay away from Tyson.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Not the sexy side of prepping, but unless you're making plans to produce your own food, you all know it's coming, if not already being added.
    I stopped eating fast food, sans an occasional emergency, 20 years ago. I don't have a garden, but I do have land, tractor, seed bank and tons of canning supplies. I'm on the fence about raising things I have to feed. But there's an abundance of wild life all around me, I'm walking distance to a major river (fortunately, one that's not listed as polluted, yet) I don't hobby fish, but have all the gear. I can't imagine being so hungry to eat bugs, possums, dogs, cats. There's plenty of veggies that you can get protein from. One brother is a strict vegan.
    Food for thought...

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I always laugh a little when people say they wouldn't eat bugs or dog... evidently most haven't been truly hungry before. I'll eat damn near anything if it means my survival. Different cultures have different views on whats food and what isin't. In India cows are sacred. In South America, capybara (big guinea pigs) are considered a delicacie. When the time comes, I'll eat any of it with a smile. Never bought Tyson chicken for what its worth...

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your already eating bugs and rat turds. Ya just don't know it. I worked a stint on a grain ship. Leave a bag of flour open and watch the bugs hatch. Don't believe me. Ask your missus.
    Most people realize that processed foods are not made in sterile conditions and some "foreign materials" do get in. Thats bad enough, but still not as bad as knowing the company is purposely adding the bugs...

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Interesting how we are coming full circle back to farmers being important again. Food supply is important and hopefully we all are making smart choices with what we put into our bodies.

Personally, dead bugs are something I get in bulk, but that's just to feed the chickens. :)

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Interesting how we are coming full circle back to farmers being important again. Food supply is important and hopefully we all are making smart choices with what we put into our bodies.

Personally, dead bugs are something I get in bulk, but that's just to feed the chickens. :)
    Put a zapper above the pen. Free vitamins.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    I don't know if he was pulling my leg, but we were talking about bugs in flour and such, he told me his friend showed him something, he put a snickers candy bar in a sealed jar and after an amount of time it had bugs hatch from it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unless you enjoy eating bugs, stay away from Tyson.

You do realize that nowhere in this article does it say that the insects are for human consumption, right? It is for aquatic, livestock, and pet food industries.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You do realize that nowhere in this article does it say that the insects are for human consumption, right? It is for aquatic, livestock, and pet food industries.
    Nowhere in the article does it say that the insects are NOT for human consumption. In fact, there is a line that says,
    "The strategic investment will support the growth of the emerging insect ingredient industry and expand the use of insect ingredient solutions to create more efficient sustainable proteins and lipids for use in the global food system." That doesn't sound like "aquatic, livestock, and pet food industries" to me.
    Another line says,
    "Upon completion, it will be the first at-scale facility of its kind to upcycle food manufacturing byproducts into high-quality insect proteins and lipids which will primarily be used in the pet food, aquaculture, and livestock industries." Primarily does not mean exclusively.

Another line that doesn't sound too good to me either is,
    "Tyson Foods continues to develop solutions to create a food system that is more sustainable and equitable for future generations" Generations of pets and livestock? I doubt it.

If you want to trust Tyson to keep bugs out of your food, go right ahead, eat up! I will avoid them though.

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

You left out an important word: will primarily be used in the pet food, aquaculture, and livestock industries. Hmm I wonder how much "primarily" means? 95%? 75%? Where's the rest going?

Reading the website its obvious they are on the climate hysteria bandwagon and with stage 4 ESG cancer.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    it will be just like the soy derivatives they add to food of all types, slowly, then you will find it everywhere, under an innocent sounding name ..

count on it mutant

Top Bottom