• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Some of my favorites from Craigslist... note that they are copied-and-pasted (likely by bots), so they never mention the actual item for sale (OK, some fancy ones are written to include the entire title of the listing : )

"I've seen your ad. are you the first owner and is it your final price ? I don't check the email for Craig's List , So text me at... "

"I saw your post on craigslist and I am interested to purchasing it. If it is still available, Contac.. with me to... "

"is it your final price ? I will leave this device soon email me at... "

"are you the original owner of it ? I'm interested in taking it . I don't check cl mail , my email address is... "

Note that I have NEVER responded to anything along those lines, since they are invariably scammers. All my listings say "Leave voice message including your telephone number if no answer. I don't respond to text messages or e-mails.", so I know right away that they either didn't read it or can't understand what they read.

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, when an item sells it should be removed. But a few members wanted them to be searchable for eternity. I believe their reasoning was to establish what the value of an item was currently. But in today’s environment that doesn’t hold water, the prices can and have doubled in a relatively shot time . I’m sure it’s annoying to the folks that want to buy everything that’s listed , to have to filter through the notifications of a new for sale alert when the item has already been sold. When there has been no activity on a for sale item for 30 days , I’d like to see it permanently deleted. That would solve many of the current issues that seen to annoy many of the members.
    Disagree. Pricing trends are a useful tool, not only when buying, but also when selling. If you remove the listings completely, it removes the ability to make these determinations on whether or not what you're buying or selling is priced too high or low.
    I think what would work better is, if more people would follow the rules and mark their items sold, while leaving the price up for posterity. "But what if you have multiple items listed in one post?" I hear you asking. Well, you have to police your post better. Clearly mark the items that have been sold, and possibly strike through the price of the item, while bookending the price with SOLD$700SOLD.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Disagree. Pricing trends are a useful tool, not only when buying, but also when selling. If you remove the listings completely, it removes the ability to make these determinations on whether or not what you're buying or selling is priced too high or low.
    I think what would work better is, if more people would follow the rules and mark their items sold, while leaving the price up for posterity. "But what if you have multiple items listed in one post?" I hear you asking. Well, you have to police your post better. Clearly mark the items that have been sold, and possibly strike through the price of the item, while bookending the price with SOLD$700
    opinions vary , or so it would seem.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes sir, we need to keep the sold items available for at least 20 years. ;)

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Hes not responding anymore.

I'll clean that thread up later, but did have a good chuckle. Especially after he undercut his original offer. Classic Facebook behavior.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Hes not responding anymore.

I'll clean that thread up later, but did have a good chuckle. Especially after he undercut his original offer. Classic Facebook behavior.
    I only posted cause it was traded. I wouldn't derail an active thread

Last edited:
    Reactions: FLT
    Top Bottom