• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hog1935

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone know where to go to keep up with the latest changes in Florida gun laws? I think I saw somewhere that the "stand your ground" law is being changed.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    :ban: :mullet::ban::flame:

U need to get on this email list so you can help us the next time, you in the NRA?

ALERT! Florida's Stand Your Ground Law Stood Its Ground Against Attack

NRA-ILA Alerts

Nov 8 at 11:25 AM

Trouble viewing this email? Read it online?

1-800-392-8683 | www.nraila.com

ALERT! Florida's Stand Your Ground Law

Stood Its Ground Against Attack

DATE: November 8, 2013
    TO: USF & NRA Member and Friends

USF Executive Director

NRA Past President

By an overwhelming bipartisan vote of 11-2, the Florida House Criminal Justice Committee defeated House Bill 4003 by Representative Alan Williams (D).

HB-4003 would have repealed Florida’s Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground law.

House Speaker Will Weatherford kept his word. He gave Representative Williams and his Dream Defenders the hearing they requested.

Committee Chairman Matt Gaetz kept his word. He skillfully and expertly ran a fair, open and orderly 5-hour hearing.

In a structured format, each side was allowed 30 minutes for Legislators who were not on the Committee to speak on the bill.

Speaking in opposition to repeal were Representative Jason Brodeur (R), Representative Marti Coley (R) and Representative Katie Edwards (D)

Representative Alan Williams was the only Legislator who spoke in the 30 minute time slot allocated for legislators to speak in favor of repeal.

Speaking for 2 minutes each were 59 speakers from around the state (24 in support of repeal and 35 opposed to repeal). Following speakers on both sides of the issue, and spirited closing debate, the vote was as follows:

Voting Against the Bill To Repeal Stand Your Ground:

matt.gaetz@myfloridahouse.gov,
    ray.pilon@myfloridahouse.gov,
    irving.slosberg@myfloridahouse.gov,
    Mike.Clelland@myfloridahouse.gov,
    Dane.Eagle@myfloridahouse.gov,
    james.grant@myfloridahouse.gov,
    gayle.harrell@myfloridahouse.gov,
    Dave.Hood@myfloridahouse.gov,
    Travis.Hutson@myfloridahouse.gov,
    Dave.Kerner@myfloridahouse.gov,
    charles.vanzant@myfloridahouse.gov

Voting in Favor of the Bill to Repeal Stand Your Ground

Randolph.Bracy@myfloridahouse.gov,
    Kionne.McGhee@myfloridahouse.gov,

For a fair representation of the hearing, please read the article, Stand Your Ground repeal voted down in committee, written by Karl Etters in The Tallahassee Democrat.

Write your Reps Get Involved Register to Vote Contibute

Please do not reply to this email as you will not receive a response. This email is a broadcast email generated by an automated system. To contact NRA-ILA call 800-392-8683. Address: 11250 Waples Mill Road Fairfax, Virginia 22030 In order to ensure you receive NRA-ILA email alerts in a timely manner, please adjust your SPAM settings to accept bulk emails from admin@nramedia.org and NRA_ILA@nramedia.org domains. Otherwise, there is a possibility that our email alerts will not make it to your inbox.

National Rifle Association - Institute for Legislative Action * 11250 Waples Mill Road * Fairfax, VA 22030
    Please do not reply to this email. If you no longer want to receive NRA-ILA email notifications, please click here, and you will be removed immediately! Thank you!

Last edited:

hog1935

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the info. No I am no longer in the NRA. I got tired of being asked to renew my membership six months in advance, among other things. I felt like they thought I was stupid and didn't know when my membership ended.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't looked it up yet but someone told me over the weekend that they changed it so it is now legal to fire a warning shot? Is that true?

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is way more to this that they are telling, especially concerning Marissa Alexander. Crazy bitch needs to stay locked up.

Alexander was put in prison “for firing a warning shot”… if you are dumb enough to believe her supporters.
    In reality, Alexander was put away because she left the scene of the confrontation, retrieved her weapon, and then returned to fire it towards her husband and his children from a previous relationship. She then violated a no-contact order and allegedly colluded with the him in an attempt to change his testimony, before getting arrested again for physically assaulting him again, this time without a firearm.

http://bearingarms.com/marissa-alexander-pleads-for-bail-before-her-retrial/

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    No warning shot bill , but they were looking at a bill to keep you from getting put In jail for displaying a weapon if being threaten. When you don't fire it. just my 2 cents jj

You don't went to fire a warning shot , you don't know where it will end up, then you could go to jail.

Last edited:

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A warning shot is asinine. If you fire the weapon, you should be in fear for your life....and you should aim to kill. Be sure of your target and what lies behind it.
    The first time they see the weapon should be the last.

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the info. No I am no longer in the NRA. I got tired of being asked to renew my membership six months in advance, among other things. I felt like they thought I was stupid and didn't know when my membership ended.

They will definately solicit you for more funds. I understand that. If you call them and tell them to stop the promotional mailings, they will.

Top Bottom