DK Firearms

Starting to see some guns become available...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frankie251

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ...but not ammo. I used to take a look at https://gun.deals/ pretty much everyday. I’m sure most are familiar with it, but if not, it’s one of those sites where users can post gun deals they find, and I’ve found some pretty good deals there over the years. For instance, I caught a Ruger LCP II on sale from Combat Armory for $195. I had never seen it below $200, so I jumped on it, and love the little gun. It became my EDC, although I would prefer a 9mm, this was so easy to slip into a pocket holster, I found that I carried it far more than trying to conceal my Glock 26 or Shield, and while it’s a .380, I keep it full of good hollow-points. As they say, the best concealed carry gun is the one you have with you.

This was before Sig came out with their little compact, high capacity 9mm, and had to work out the firing pin issues of the first Gen. When I heard they had gotten the kinks worked out, I started looking for a deal on one of those, but to make a long story, longer, as everyone who loves guns knows, about six months ago, everything disappeared. I almost quit looking at the site, but today I noticed that there seems to be some guns available that I’ve heard of. Everything on there for the last six months had names I had never heard and couldn’t pronounce. The prices are still about 30 percent higher than last year, but I saw a S&W AR for about $800 which is not bad. There is no ammo that I’m seeing that’s not exorbitantly high, but maybe the mad rush has started to wain a bit, as all the new gun owners realize they still have to feed their new baby with very expensive ammo or it isn’t going to help them very much.

Last edited:

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I thought the exact way you did....then I stoped in at the Hurlburt Field BX and they still have many, many handguns. I could not believe my eyes when I saw in stock a SS Ruger GP100 4” ($750) sitting next to a SS S&W 4” 686 ($790) Sitting next to a Taurus Tracker 6” 642(?) ($590). Yep prices did go up a bit, but when the BX gets ammo, it’s sold at pre COVID/rioting prices.

Frankie251

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought the exact way you did....then I stoped in at the Hurlburt Field BX and they still have many, many handguns. I could not believe my eyes when I saw in stock a SS Ruger GP100 4” ($750) sitting next to a SS S&W 4” 686 ($790) Sitting next to a Taurus Tracker 6” 642(?) ($590). Yep prices did go up a bit, but when the BX gets ammo, it’s sold at pre COVID/rioting prices.

Thanks, I had not thought of that. I never served, but I’ve got access to the base through my wife’s family. My daughter lives in Oklahoma City. Her husband is stationed at Tinker AFB even though he’s a Navy guy. When I was out there last time, picked up an extra mag for the little Ruger at the Tinker BX at a pretty decent price, but it never occurred to me to check the local base here. My wife and her mother go shopping there all the time. It may be worth enduring my mother-in-law for half a day.

flaernurse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Pickings slim pretty much everywhere. I picked up a Springfield EMP today at Mike’s and their gun cases are pretty bare....they did have some ammo though...so not all bad

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got a Back-In-Stock email notification today from Lanbo's Armory for a Kel-Tec CP33 that I'd put in for so long ago that I'd forgotten about it.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Gulf Coast Guns in Pace has plenty of ammo in most every caliber. Prices may be slightly higher than before COVAD-19, but then again most everything is higher. They have lots of guns too. Perhaps a lot of people who are looking for ammo are looking for ammo at yesterdays prices, and therein lies the problem. You got to pay to play.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gulf Coast Guns in Pace has plenty of ammo in most every caliber. Prices may be slightly higher than before COVAD-19, but then again most everything is higher. They have lots of guns too. Perhaps a lot of people who are looking for ammo are looking for ammo at yesterdays prices, and therein lies the problem. You got to pay to play.

Yerp...I've suspended my search for a Star Megastar 10mm until after the election...
    and only if Trump wins...if Biden wins, it'll be outlawwed...along with dang near
    every other gun that holds more than 6 rounds.

14199321_1753813881552746_1889882349998522099_n.jpg

Top Bottom