• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't understand what part of the market they are tying to find with this gun. Are they marketing it to women and men with lower hand strength with the "low effort slide?" A subcompact, single stack, polymer DA/SA with what looks like a very high bore axis. I guess the they accomplish versatility with the DA/SA and manual safety, but I still don't understand why. Does the "low effort slide" only work if the hammer is already cocked?

I have a lot of questions, but no real desire to actually find out the answers...

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    My only guess is the conceal market is big right now and people want a firearm with "plenty" of safety features. I think this is moving into a market that already has enough players.
    The xds 9 is a great striker fire ccw with its lower bore axis, grip safety, and Glock - like safety trigger. The ergos on it seem to compete with the new stuff hitting the market like Taurus or even the Rugers.
    It's all personal preference I guess, this one just has too much going on for my liking.

Sent from my SM-T337V using Tapatalk

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My old brain does not like DA/SA. Give me one or the other. I keep trying to get away from my XDs .45 but I just can't. It keeps bouncing back.

RevSteve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I give them props for trying something different the market is flooded with the same ole same ole. I don't think it will be a must have but it adds diversity to a boring market.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yawn

Eta: They really need to ditch the Grip Zone on the frame. Not enough room for Place Hand Here? Ghey sauce

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Decocker too! It appears its being marketed for newbies who have no experience and are piling on safety devices to replace the lack of skills in order to give them a warm and fuzzy. I'm surprised the included padlock doesn't auto feed.

flphotog

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not a big Springfield fan except for their 1911's, not exactly sure why you think this is revolutionary, except that it has both a safety and decocker which I think is stupid, at any rate, I do like SA/DA and only have a couple DAO's left, I'll stick with my CZ's for hammer fired pistols.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    orientation to new product introduction is a valid and often used strategic means for organizations to grow and prosper. Besides Springfield, I see Walther and Ruger investing heavily in this strategy. The gun industry has grown so much, so fast that there is really not much innovation going on; mostly just repackaging old ideas. Whether I get an XD-e will depend mostly on the quality of the trigger and for that, I will have to first see/touch one myself. If anyone comes across one on this forum, please post a review

Top Bottom