• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RidgeRunner

It's only original once
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    SOLD Smith & Wesson 66-2 model 66 round butt with 2.5" barrel commonly referred to as Combat masterpiece . In great condition with box, original grips and finger grove grips.
    Located in Pensacola / 9 mile road area and Beulah area
    PM for contact
    $800.00 not really looking for trades but Must be Legal to buy a firearm and a Fla resident. Thank you.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      32.4 KB · Views: 91
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      32.6 KB · Views: 91
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      23.1 KB · Views: 91
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      30.3 KB · Views: 79
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      38.4 KB · Views: 74
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      25.7 KB · Views: 61
    Last edited:

RidgeRunner

It's only original once
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Thanks, but I will keep it for any less. Try to find a 66-2 2.5" . The 1800.00 is unfired in the box, but all other no dash -1 -2 are over 1000.00

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I go off blue book value. Not what a website tries to sell for. Or a gun store. You said “good condition.” That’s way less. I was going to see if we could meet on a good price. Like I said, good luck.

Well, why didn't you just PM him with an offer instead of being an ass on his thread?

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Honestly, the Blue Book is just somebody writing a book. It’s worthless.
    Look at completed auctions on Gunbroker for the true value and add in shipping and FFL charges if selling locally.

Bthomp83

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Honestly, the Blue Book is just somebody writing a book. It’s worthless.
    Look at completed auctions on Gunbroker for the true value and add in shipping and FFL charges if selling locally.
    The actual value of the firearm is anywhere between $200-400 less than auction price. (Usually) Then you have to add on shipping/FFL prices to whatever you pay at auction. You’re going to end up paying a lot more than actual worth. It’ll cost you twice as much as the actual value depending on auction. Blue book is a truer value dependent on who/where you get the firearm. Use and abuse factors in to this as well. Honestly, I use it as a starting point and then go up or down after I have had a chance to check out the firearm. Is the book exact? No. But, it is a reference point used to get within actual value.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oh ok, so what someone actually paid with actual money isn’t the real value.
    The real value is what somebody who wrote a book says it is.
    In this case, looks like the book lost.

Bthomp83

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh ok, so what someone actually paid with actual money isn’t the real value.
    The real value is what somebody who wrote a book says it is.
    In this case, looks like the book lost.
    I didn’t realize facts about value/cost would hurt your feelings. Everything loses value if and when it is used. I thought GCGF was a fair and honest place to be a part of. Didn’t realize this was armslist.

Bthomp83

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn’t realize facts about value/cost would hurt your feelings. Everything loses value if and when it is used. I thought GCGF was a fair and honest place to be a part of. Didn’t realize this was armslist.
    You have yourself a wonderful day!

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That gun would of sold on GB or AA for more than it did here . You can take that to the bank . Sought after model / barrel length , original box , tools & papers , looks to be in high condition , factory Combat stocks ( price a pair sometime ) . I agree that checking prices for items that actually sold will give an idea of market price . IMHO it was a good deal . Seller got his price & buyer got a very nice in demand revolver .

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Everything loses value if and when it is used?
    Is this your first attempt at buying a gun?
    Many, MANY guns go up in value as they age, especially if they quit making them or changed them somehow such is the case with this pre-lock S&W.
    GCGF is not some magical place where people you don’t know sell you guns for half of what they are worth based on a novel you happen to be reading. The Blue Book became obsolete with the invention of the internet.
    I normally won’t comment on for sale threads
    but you broke a rule by telling the OP that his gun wasn’t worth the asking price.
    If a gun is not worth the asking price, it will sit there a long time.
    This one sold fast. That tells me something.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sir, you certainly have a knack for making friends and influencing enemies.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

it was obviously worth whatever the price agreed upon was. as a member of several forums, and a couple devoted to S&W revos, the asking price was more than fair. factory boxed guns from the glory days of S&W are going up in price. if i'd had an extra 8hundo laying around, i'd have bought it without negotiating... just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom