• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I've seen some terrific deals lately on Colt ARs. I thought I wanted a Magpul edition but then I see a terrific deal on a SOCOM model. Both are 6920s.
    Then in the back of my mind, I can't help but wonder just how cheap these things are going to go and if I should wait at least till Black Friday.
    Anybody know a lot about these two models and which is better or are they about equal ?

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've seen some terrific deals lately on Colt ARs. I thought I wanted a Magpul edition but then I see a terrific deal on a SOCOM model. Both are 6920s.
    Then in the back of my mind, I can't help but wonder just how cheap these things are going to go and if I should wait at least till Black Friday.
    Anybody know a lot about these two models and which is better or are they about equal ?

SOCOM all the way. I don't like relying on plastic rails for optics. Go with the aluminum rail system. You won't be disappointed. Plastic gets soft. It takes a lot more for metal to soften. I know you probably aren't planning on smoking the barrel with mag dumps, but I'd rather have more reliability than a fad. Magpul makes great products, but plastic handgun rds probably shouldn't be one of them.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I personally like the Magpul better, because I don't like rails all around the forend , plus makes for a lighter weapon, and I really don't hang much on mine anyway. at most I will have an angled foegrip and maybe , maybe a small light.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I personally like the Magpul better, because I don't like rails all around the forend , plus makes for a lighter weapon, and I really don't hang much on mine anyway. at most I will have an angled foegrip and maybe , maybe a small light.

Dan,

This is a hybrid AR with a Colt LE6920 MAGPUL MOE upper and a PSA MOE lower. These set up the same as the COlt LE6920MP-B. The only changes are a BCM Gunfighter CH and the VORTEX Strikefire optic.

I recently made the trade with Dante for a Colt LE6920MP-B that will soon look like a SOCOM. I did not need a Colt that looked just like the above AR.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    The SOCOM says "with Knight's Armament Quad rail."
    Is that factory?
    I'm not big on a bunch of attachments. That's the only use of the rails, right?

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Is that factory?

The railed handguards give the user the option of adding a light, laser, or VFG. I have the KAC M4 RAS on several of my ARs and use them with weaponlights and VFGs. If the user chooses not to use the rails, KAC has rail panels to cover them.

My Mk18 Mod 0 clone

This is my 2008 Colt LE6920.

Last edited:

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A few people that I know run PEQ-15's(IR laser) for night hunting in tandem with night vision scopes. They mount forward of the upper reciever rail since there isn't enough room. Yes it would take a lot of shooting to warm it up to affect the accuracy but Id just not rather have to even think about it.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The railed handguards give the user the option of adding a light, laser, or VFG. I have the KAC M4 RAS on several of my ARs and use them with weaponlights and VFGs. If the user chooses not to use the rails, KAC has rail panels to cover them.

My Mk18 Mod 0 clone

This is my 2008 Colt LE6920.

Sweet setup tack!

polebarn

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is that factory?

Colt changed the rail to a Troy in mid 2013;some ads still say KAC. Even with the Troy though the supplied rail covers are Knights.The 16" SOCOM barrel is a thicker profile than a 6920 without the M203 grenade launcher cutouts under the handguard as are present on the 14.5" military M4A1.The rear sight on the SOCOM is an excellent Matech and the buffer is an H2.Also you get the unique M4A1 rollmark on the SOCOM.Also the SOCOM has factory ambidextrous safety.

Top Bottom