• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Giortire

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok. After waiting a year for the new Kahr CM45 to come out, I have read more and more about the XDS. Since I am sick of the June grass, and can't surf fish, I decided to go to the new range in Gulf Breeze. While I was waiting for a lane to open (short wait), I saw an XDS in the case and asked to see it. It felt really good, so even though I overpaid for it, I bought it. I get 30 days of free range fees, and will use them, so maybe not so much of an overpay. It was kind of an impulse buy, but I have been wanting a sub compact 45 for over a year.
    Anyway, I took it into the range and shot it without stripping it, lubing it, or anything. I started out with Federal, and then ran Whitebox through it. It ran without a hitch. Not only that but the recoil was much, much lighter then I expected, and the whole shooting process felt very comfortable. On to accuracy....this thing shoots awesome for such a small gun. I was hitting targets at 15 yards with 3" groups, which is good for me. And I was doing it with a gun that was totally new to me. It just feels very natural right out of the box.
    So anyway, I will still keep my Kahr CM9 as my primary EDC, but I have a feeling it won't be long until this one takes over. I just need to get a bunch more rounds through it, and find the right holster.
    Now I know what all the fuss is about:party::party::party::party:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So this was the Single Stack 5 round Cap XD-S .45? Can I ask what you paid for it?

I am still thinking the G36 may be the better single stack .45 for me... But I like Glocks. :smile:

Last edited:

Giortire

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So this was the Single Stack 5 round Cap XD-S .45? Can I ask what you paid for it?

I am still thinking the G36 may be the better single stack .45 for me... But I like Glocks. :smile:

Yes, it was the single stack .45. I paid $629 for it (ouch). I have fired the G36 several times, and like it, but was looking for something smaller.
    I will continue to post, as I break it in

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, it was the single stack .45. I paid $629 for it (ouch). I have fired the G36 several times, and like it, but was looking for something smaller.
    I will continue to post, as I break it in

Not a bad deal with the free range time for 30 days. After today 3 more trips and you are there. After 4 trips, you got a discount !
    And it is a great gun.

Giortire

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, that should have come with three boxes of Win. white box at least.
    Oh well, you will enjoy it. That Kahr will be collecting lint in your sock drawer soon.

I know John. I love the gun and keep justifying the price by thinking I will go to the range free, at least 8 times which is a savings of $120. That's what I will tell myself and my wife!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Come to the dark side Luke ............... errrr, geotire.

Bought one two weeks ago. Makes Me look good! I love the damned thing. There will be an LCP with ammo and spare mags in the classified soon.

Best sales pitch I can make for the XDs is that my wife prefers to shoot .22LR, hated the LCP .380 cuz she didn't like the way it snapped but fell in love the .45 when she shot the XDs. I got a deal on mine but waited over a year to buy one. Best investment I ever made.

Giortire

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep Sean
    My wife had a Taurus TCP, hated the snappy recoil, went to a Kahr CM9, and loves it. She shot the XDs today, and says it feels as good as the CM9 to her.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep Sean
    My wife had a Taurus TCP, hated the snappy recoil, went to a Kahr CM9, and loves it. She shot the XDs today, and says it feels as good as the CM9 to her.

Yep! I can see a down side to all of this. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy yet another XDs. One for me to carry.

Damned women. I thought I was swimming in high cotton when I bought my S&W 15/22 but momma took that away too. I really thought she'd be intimidated by the XDs but when we got home from the farm SHE cleaned it. I've now lost darn near a grand in firearms because these manufacturers are getting their shit together.

Giortire

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep! I can see a down side to all of this. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy yet another XDs. One for me to carry.

Damned women. I thought I was swimming in high cotton when I bought my S&W 15/22 but momma took that away too. I really thought she'd be intimidated by the XDs but when we got home from the farm SHE cleaned it. I've now lost darn near a grand in firearms because these manufacturers are getting their shit together.

I'd probably give my wife all my guns if she ever cleaned one, or faint with shock, whichever came first!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Welcome to the XDs club sir, I carried a g36 for a long time and this gun is a little better. IMO;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nope -- but then I don't target practice with the stuff. I checked enough of it for function -- and ran some over a Chrony to get real world velocities -- then just loaded up my mags and carry it with the stuff. For regular target practice, I shoot whatever is the least expensive... WWB, GA Arms, etc.

Giortire

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nope -- but then I don't target practice with the stuff. I checked enough of it for function -- and ran some over a Chrony to get real world velocities -- then just loaded up my mags and carry it with the stuff. For regular target practice, I shoot whatever is the least expensive... WWB, GA Arms, etc.

Excellent. I see a test in my future. I assume from what you said that there were no mods needed. I love that idea as a defense load.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the heads up F&S. I'll pick some up.

PS: May have some good news for you. PM tomorrow.

Giotire: Some day I'll learn. Should have told the wife that the XDs kicks like a pissed off mule but nope! Had to show her how nice it was. She never let out a peep when I bought it at the LGS. She trusts me 110% when I make a new gun purchase. If I had left it at that she would have stayed skeered of .45 APC. I just felt some strange desire to justify my birthday present. After three rounds she looked at me with that weird grin and I knew I had screwed up. She doesn't weigh More than a buck and small change and always assumes anything bigger than a .22 is too much for herself. If I had left it at that I would not have been relegated to runner up at the range.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom