• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Because their government loves and trusts them more.

I’ll never forgot when the war in Ukraine kicked off and the first thing they did was issue out AK74s by the crate. Told everyone and anyone in Kiev to grab one.
    BINGO!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    After reading all this information. It makes me want to buy an AK myself. I don't know if I want to "Trick it Out" though. My AK should be just as pure as if it just came off the showroom floor..
    I like the bare bones, but my eyes suck!! Only thing I'm adding is an optic.
    Watch AK operators union 4774 on you tube. Rob ski.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Hey any weapon that you can use hand tools on to repair is for me. One video he describes how to use a rock and a spent cartridge to adjust the front sight...
    Can be used totally dry, no oil. ( you shouldn't but it will run)
    Considered getting one in 556. Maybe later. ** Stay away from 5.45x39 - ammo has gone nuts. Like .75 a round for fmj.**

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey any weapon that you can use hand tools on to repair is for me. One video he describes how to use a rock and a spent cartridge to adjust the front sight...
    Can be used totally dry, no oil. ( you shouldn't but it will run)
    Considered getting one in 556. Maybe later. ** Stay away from 5.45x39 - ammo has gone nuts. Like .75 a round for fmj.**
    With patience perhaps PSA's promise to make some 5.45x39 might come true.
    In Oct 2021 they stated:
    The CEO of JJE Capital, the company which owns PSA, posted the following on AR15.com:

7.62×39, 5.45 and 54R will be manufactured in the US under our soviet arms brand. This project is a very large construction and manufacturing project that has been going on for about a year. Our current timeline has the first steel cases rounds coming off of the line in 2023. Of course any project this large can see delays. We should be able to make up for most of the missing Russian imports.
    But 2023 is just about gone. They recently claimed to be making progress. 5.45 will not be their first steel cased round to come off the line, but it could happen. I would wait til that ammo production was a reality prior to buying a 5.45 chambered gun.
    LOL, We just have no idea what might be happening next year to the ammo supply. If I was buying my first AK, I would buy in a caliber with an established source of ammunition and buy the ammo soonest.

Last edited:

AK4774

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Please No…..
    I’ll dig out a wood stock to give you if you promise not to put all that AR crap on it.
    That looks to be for a milled receiver anyway. Throw it in the burn pile…

If your eyes work with Cetme/G3 sight radius try top cover mounted rear sight.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Please No…..
    I’ll dig out a wood stock to give you if you promise not to put all that AR crap on it.
    That looks to be for a milled receiver anyway. Throw it in the burn pile…

If your eyes work with Cetme/G3 sight radius try top cover mounted rear sight.
    Yeah, just looked at it no match. Got a wood stock set lined up. LOP is so damm short though.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Took it all the way apart. Man that gas port is huge! Glad I did, found more metal bits floating around. On the brightside looks like they shot it a bit before shipment. Dosent appear to have much if any can't on the fsb. From reading magwell is cut after it arrives in the US. Little bit of wiggle left/right and almost none forward/aft. Palm mag.

Top Bottom