• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NCTransplant

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Males following females around during mating season? Dont the snakes know it's liberal 2015! Males following males and what not.

Marquezj16

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had to kill a corral snake because the moms in the neighborhood were all panicking. It chose to hide under the portable basketball stand where most of the kids played. I felt guilty about it afterwards but I would have felt much worse if any of the kids got bit.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Had to kill a corral snake because the moms in the neighborhood were all panicking. It chose to hide under the portable basketball stand where most of the kids played. I felt guilty about it afterwards but I would have felt much worse if any of the kids got bit.

they are rare, i have lived in florida all my life, and have never seen one...king snake is very similar in appearance

my policy is to leave them alone if they are leaving my property, if they are entering and they are a rattler, it is bad for them...

i leave all the rest alone...

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Stepped on a coral snake while camping as a teenager. Felt something move under my foot, looked down and saw the bright red bands touching the bright yellow bands. Seemed to not care about me stomping on him. I understand them to be extremely passive.

If I can identify it as non venomous I leave it alone. If I'm stomping around in the woods, I let them pass or I find another route. They were there before me. The only snake that's ever reared up was a baby rattlesnake that my brother accidently cornered when we were hiking in az. It was less than a foot from his feet at the base of some rocks we were climbing. Made a whole lotta noise and looked dangerous but never struck.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I run across rattles occasionally and they never seem aggressive. I almost stepped on a 3 footer and he didn't even coil up, just looked at me and kept moving.

The meanest snake I ever encountered was a Black Snake. He came into my workshop, I guess to look around, and wouldn't leave. picked him up and carried him outside twice and both times he came back in with a tude. He would coil up and shake his tail imitating a rattler.

I try to never kill one but it depends on location.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes a water moc. they change with age as we most do ??? The head is still there, there are many on the river some folks call copperhead water moc but, they are just younger in age, the older ones are almost black, have had several close calls with these snakes, they can get aggressive on you sometimes, had one wrap around my boat motor one chilly day, an had to really keep my eye on him while I loaded my super commanchee an blast him!!

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom